PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    FPk or VJsmum - next time you come tell me in advance and I'll come up and meet you, show you where to drink tea and eat cake in Edinburgh :D
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You're on Mar! Excuse my while I look for any conference (no matter how tangential) in Edinburgh...
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I will another time Mar, but this time I literally arrived at Waverley, hopped on another train to Edinburgh Park, interviewed three people, ran back to Park, through Waverley and just made the train back...

Waverley is a nightmare to negotiate...,

OH was supposed to be in Glasgow and I was going to stay with him there, but his meeting was cancelled a few days ago. We were going to go and see the Kelpies...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks for that info nothernerd. I have quite a lot of stuff that I dont really need, a couple of long arm staplers to start with. There was another organisation that takes stuff for struggling schools in Africa. I sent boxes of books, stationery and equipment when I closed my school. You are right, it is much easier to declutter if you know where it can be more useful.

FairyP, youll find that maggie will bring lots of little creatures indoors to play with. I had one cat that brought in anything from moles to rabbits. On one occasion I found him lying flat on the floor with the tiniest little shrew you can imagine sitting motionless in front of him. Suddenly the shrew reared up and bit him on the nose. Shrew 1, Cat 0.

I haven't opened the curtains yet but I can hear the rain. My friend has just phoned to see if I'm coming out to play, so it will be another cheap,lunch somewhere.
    First I must make my even cheaper breakfast.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Your future self is watching you right now through the memories you are making.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I once had a cat Tabitha who brought home a baby rabbit to play with - she couldn't get herself AND the rabbit through the catflap at the same time without letting go of it! Another cat Smudge would bring mice in, run up stairs, bat them down the stairs then repeat until we got fed up of it at 3am!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    With 4 cats spring becomes a killing spree :eek:

Ernie, one of our boys likes birds, he brings ducklings and moor hens home to play with, so far we have managed to rescue them without significant damage.

Eric and our girls stick to mice, rats etc sometimes only evidenced by the random mouse kidney on the floor- bleurghhhhhh :(
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mum and dad's cat is quite a hunter. She frequently brings in prey and makes noises reminiscent of the giant from Jack and the Bean stalk (bone crunching). Maggie is a bit too domesticated to bring things in from the outdoors and doesn't get enough time outside to hunt properly, a legacy of spending her kittenhood just off the A6 with two overprotective owners. She always seems a bit baffled about what to do next when she catches something. :rotfl:
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Had a Tabitha cat who hunted - we lived in a rural area so mainly rats but did manage a seagull once! She was hilarious - unknown to me she'd managed to pinch a piece of string off a joint of beef. A couple of days later I spotted her skidding her bum on the path - investigation showed the end of the string - cue rubber gloves and a tug! She did wince when the knot came out ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I had a cat once who brought in a mouse at 3am, the cat was making a weird noise so got up to investigate, I was wearing a floor length nightdress. The cat dropped the mouse which promptly ran up the outside of my nightdress and down the inside of it!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have the rain I prayed for so I can rest my ankle for a while at least.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure