PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• Minihauk, I am sure you will have things of interest to contribute. How do you fill your days since retiring? And has the downsizing been successful?

Hi Nargleblast.
    I moved to be closer to dd and now live 5 mins away. She and sil come in for dinner a couple of times a week, and I spend a few hours a week doing their laundry, etc as they both work long hours (no children yet)
    I am a line dancer so go to class 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes weekends away. I like to read so indulge myself. I also meet up with friends/relatives for coffee/lunch each week.
    Time just seems to fly :D
    I'm not sure any of this will interest any of you though :rotfl:
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just sending you hugs Burtha (and Karma vibes to 3MW!)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Minihauk wrote: »
    Hi Nargleblast.
    I moved to be closer to dd and now live 5 mins away. She and sil come in for dinner a couple of times a week, and I spend a few hours a week doing their laundry, etc as they both work long hours (no children yet)
    I am a line dancer so go to class 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes weekends away. I like to read so indulge myself. I also meet up with friends/relatives for coffee/lunch each week.
    Time just seems to fly :D
    I'm not sure any of this will interest any of you though :rotfl:

Of course we are interested we are all nosy devils on here!!!:D:D:rotfl:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ^ ^ ^ Wot she said!
    Welcome, Minihauk. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Hello all, long time no "see" !
    I have just returned from holiday, well on Monday and have been trying to catch up on your news. Gosh you lot can chat :D.
    Sadly I have started to pack up the caravan stuff for another year :(, I hope the time between now and May goes as quickly as the summer did.
    It feels quite wintery here this afternoon but I managed to wash and almost dry 3 loads of washing before the heavens opened. I shall have to finish it off indoors so my upstairs now looks like wishy washy's laundry on speed :rotfl:. The next dry day is supposed to be Friday and the washing basket is still full :eek:.
    I was glad to see Burtha back posting :T but I'm not very enamoured with 3mw, what a piece of work he is :mad:
    Minihauk :hello:I don't post much but I love reading about other peoples lives, boring or not !
    Hope everyone stays safe and well during this storm,. Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all,
    Thank you x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    burtha lovey, thank you for posting. That's all it takes. We just need to see your name crop up so that we know you haven't forgotten us.

Hope you are finding crumbs of comfort here and there. x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 September 2018 at 10:51AM

Exactly! Welcome, minihauk :)

Glad to see you posting, burtha, so we know you're there x

welcome back nannywindow! Hope you enjoyed your holiday.
  • It is such an awful day, bucketing down with rain and freezing cold, that I have put the heating on :eek:. It's only on low but at least it will finish off drying the clothes which are draped everywhere :( and warm up the bathroom so that we can bathe/ shower without shivering this evening !

Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Its hissing down here too. I got up and went to Aldi, so was home again by 9am. CA was just drawing up as I did. Its so cold I have lit the fire, still using up the coal in the coal house. At least 2 weeks of coal left even if we have a fire every day.

It always takes me an age to put the shopping away. Things for the freezer I divide into meal portions. for instance a packet of sausage gets divided into 2 packs of 4. Stewing beef and mince also get divided up although occasionally I do rebel and just chuck the package in the freezer, cook up double and then freeze what I have not used for a meal. Trouble is then the freezer get filled up with plastic boxes. I have made myself label everything after I got out something I thought was a main meal and found it was fruit!!

The present CA's finish on Saturday and the new ones start Monday, so we have to get used to new people. OH seems to think he will be better able to cope in 4 weeks time.....we shall see.

OH had a second tooth out yesterday. Thankfully we have not had the 'it hurts' moans with this one, so have locked the paracetamol and codeine away again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback