Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How you doing, beanie?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    How you doing, beanie?

Plodding on, just plodding on.

It is cold here & I currently have two fleeces on.
    No heating on til October at the earlist:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Plodding on, just plodding on.

It is cold here & I currently have two fleeces on.
    No heating on til October at the earlist:eek:

I said the same thing to hubby about the heating :rotfl:
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • beanielou
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    I said the same thing to hubby about the heating :rotfl:

Great minds:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Can anyone help?
    I am looking for extra fine thermal gloves that I can use when reading or typing.
    All the ones I have seen have been quite thick.

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Beanie, my mum has glove liners they are slightly less bulky than gloves , obviously meant to go under a glove. Try googling glove liner , think mums were from eBay. She wears them in the house in winter when her arthritis is bad.

I am with you on the heating , I have challenged myself not to have it on yet , trying for October as well.

Hope you are ok.
  • beanielou
    Options
    THanks CL :)

Struggling a lot at the moment to motivate myself.

Am finding it cold.

A friend took me to a fairly local outlet so I got some birthday cards & a couple of teeny things for DS's birthday so am pleased with that.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I want to hold off until November with the heating if I can. The blankets have come out for the evenings but it's not too cold here. Hope you manage to stay warm.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow November is brave HOD....

Whatever happened to all the good weather leading to an Indian summer they were talking about a few weeks ago.

Stay warm Beanie
    January spends - £587.58
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hope the weather warms back up so we can all keep the heating off as long as possible Beanie!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure