Amex Foursquare promotion

Comments

• can someone tell me when the harvey nicks offer finishes. thanks
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Just answered my own question by looking up the T&C's. You can only have one synced card per four square account.

So I will have to create some more four square accounts. I think that it is per card rather than per amex account. Not sure though on the four square one. It is definitely the case on the amex shop local £5 cashback though. Me and the wife have both had the cashback from the same shop.
    Hi miketaff, have you set up more accounts for the other cards ?
    Like you , I have MBNA and plat, and wife has same.
    On the amex £5 cashback, which I have hammered successfully 16 times so far, another 6 tonight hopefully.
    MBNA only allows me one card because the numbers are the same on mine and wifes.same account.
    Amex plat are different numbers, so can use both, same account though.
    Want to use Harvey nicks, or wife does, as Leeds have one, on the foursquare deal.Any advice would be grateful , never used it before, haven,t synced any cards yet, don,t want to conflict with the £5 deal.:beer:
  • joe134 wrote: »
    Hi miketaff, have you set up more accounts for the other cards ?
    Like you , I have MBNA and plat, and wife has same.
    On the amex £5 cashback, which I have hammered successfully 16 times so far, another 6 tonight hopefully.
    MBNA only allows me one card because the numbers are the same on mine and wifes.same account.
    Amex plat are different numbers, so can use both, same account though.
    Want to use Harvey nicks, or wife does, as Leeds have one, on the foursquare deal.Any advice would be grateful , never used it before, haven,t synced any cards yet, don,t want to conflict with the £5 deal.:beer:

Just had the same problem today with the MBNA! Was the first time we tried the wife's supplementary card and we didnt get the email, and I realised that the card numbers are the same.

Syncing the cards doesn't affect the shop local offer at all. Have just been to a GAP outlet and bought three hoodies (seperate transactions) which were £32.99, reduced by 40%, and then of course I had my tenner off each. So they were just under a tenner each. You don't get an email to confirm, but you do get an instant message through foursquare which confirms the cashback.
  • Does anyone know of any of the FourSquare specific offers that can be added to this list? It's hard to find a list, you just seem to have to look on the local offers to you and see if an AMEX one pops up.

So far I have found these cashback deals:

£10 for £10 spend in GAP

£25 for £25 spend in Harvey Nichols

£5 for £20 spend in Argos

£5 for £10 spend in Starbucks

Anymore out there?
  • joe134
    Just had the same problem today with the MBNA! Was the first time we tried the wife's supplementary card and we didnt get the email, and I realised that the card numbers are the same.

Syncing the cards doesn't affect the shop local offer at all. Have just been to a GAP outlet and bought three hoodies (seperate transactions) which were £32.99, reduced by 40%, and then of course I had my tenner off each. So they were just under a tenner each. You don't get an email to confirm, but you do get an instant message through foursquare which confirms the cashback.
    Hi mike, I noticed it when I registered both my mbna, it said OOPs mistake card already registered, thats when I noticed numbers were the same.(shame), but can use either card ( I think), but only 1 x £5 back
    Where do you get IM too, I haven,t got IM set up on pc, never use it. Like you , i cannot find a foursquare list ?
  • joe134
    Does anyone know of any of the FourSquare specific offers that can be added to this list? It's hard to find a list, you just seem to have to look on the local offers to you and see if an AMEX one pops up.

So far I have found these cashback deals:

£10 for £10 spend in GAP

£25 for £25 spend in Harvey Nichols

£5 for £20 spend in Argos

£5 for £10 spend in Starbucks

Anymore out there?
    mike, been reading back threads on foursquare,seems it only applies to people with an I-phone.
    These were on in june, don,t know if they still are?
    my wife uses primark a lot, she says they don,t take amex ?
    4 June 2012
    MSE Shopping & Spending guides
    Print
    Email this

Read more news on...
    American Express
    Credit cards
    MSE News Homepage