Royal Mail 24 tracking question

Hey guys

Brought something on eBay and seller dispatched today at around 10am just went to track the delivery and got the message

The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference *******( my tracking num) Please try again later

Is this right as I googled it and it says it may not of been scanned yet so maybe still with the seller?

On eBay it says estimated delivery is tomorrow but usually when I check my tracking shows where it is in the system?

Anyone else had this or will it get updated in the morning

Thanks
Preable

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The seller may have a batch of tracking numbers and they have allocated that one to your parcel, but the postman does not collect until 5pm?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    I understand that but the tracking still says the same message try again later?
  • preable wrote: »
    I understand that but the tracking still says the same message try again later?

The seller hasn't manifested their mail yet, once they do it should say something different.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We use RMT24 and the barcode is generated by the system but my post doesn't get collected until 6pm. It doesn't get to the mail centre until nearly midnight. It is then that the scanning updates. The parcels still dutifully deliver themselves the next day. Check the tracking again in the morning.
  • preable
    We use RMT24 and the barcode is generated by the system but my post doesn't get collected until 6pm. It doesn't get to the mail centre until nearly midnight. It is then that the scanning updates. The parcels still dutifully deliver themselves the next day. Check the tracking again in the morning.

Ahh I just assumed as it was dispatched at 10am yesterday would of been scanned in I just checked and it now says no updates until a delivery attempt is made so fingers crossed arrives tomorrow.

Normally wouldn’t be bothered but it’s an expensive pair of headphones so just panicked a little.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just an observation, RM24 is not a tracked service, it is just a business 1st class so although EBay claim it is next day, in reality it might well not be.

As it isn't tracked it will only show up any information once delivered, nothing shows until that delivery confirmation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    Just an observation, RM24 is not a tracked service, it is just a business 1st class so although EBay claim it is next day, in reality it might well not be.

As it isn't tracked it will only show up any information once delivered, nothing shows until that delivery confirmation.

Oddly I read this as the OP having a query on Royal Mail Tracked 24.

Re reading it now, and with the added response, it is clear this isn't RMT24 but standard mail with a POD.

OP, the above is correct and your RM24 may or may not come today and the "tracking" isn't tracking but a proof of delivery and won't change until it has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oddly I read this as the OP having a query on Royal Mail Tracked 24.

Re reading it now, and with the added response, it is clear this isn't RMT24 but standard mail with a POD.

OP, the above is correct and your RM24 may or may not come today and the "tracking" isn't tracking but a proof of delivery and won't change until it has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.

I wasn't sure, but the way the title reads it does appear to be normal 1st class Mail through a business account. My RM24 and 48 is not tracked and would show A similar message to what OP sees. Mine says something like, this will update when item is delivered, please try again later.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • preable
    Thanks all for the replies, Hopefully will come today. I used this seller as I was under the impression that Rm24 was next day delivery but now at least I know now its not they deliver in 1-3 days according to seller.

I only thought it was next day as ebay said estimated date was the next day so I just assumed!
  • It's up to the seller to set their dispatch time (in days) and their daily cut off time correctly so that what eBay says displays the correct estimate. Although having said that, it is just an estimate or "aim" to deliver in that time.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure