PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    that reminds me i was going to do chilli soon too, its been a while !
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    I've got some left over quinoa, so I think i'll cook up some garlicky mushrooms and stir them through to make something vaguely risotto like. I'm not sure there'll be enough for 2 of us, so my daughter can have hers with a chicken steak that I found buried in the back of the freezer, and I'll probably pad my portion out with some mixed veg.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    After the unhealthy (for me) end to last week decided to do a vegetarian meal for this evening.

Did, Loubia Bi Zeit which is chopped green beans with olive oil. The recipe also had tomatos, onions and garlic. Did a side of butter beans with garlic, paprika and cumin. Normally I think I’d do this with pan fried liver but had it with cous cous tonight Will definitely make this again. Recipes come from Souk: Feasting at the mezze table pg. 99 by Nadia Zerouali and Merjin Tol.

Kerry GT.... no not perm probably just a month or so. Been a fair few times before but want to see a bit more of Hokkiado especially the onsens
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope all those who are under the weather or recovering are back firing on all cylinders soon.

Lunch here was a dairylea sandwich, as is dinner. And I've eaten way too many biscuits today. Goodness knows what my body is currently craving.

Mr_Singleton - a month in Japan would be amazing. Have you been out to Hakone before? I can also recommend a fabulous Italian restaurant called La Bisboccia in Hiroo (ask for Luca as your waiter) although MSE it is not - but totally fabulous. Also Roppongi Robataya is next to Midtown in Roppongi (Shiratore-San runs the place) again, most deff not MSE but an amazing experience if you want your food cooked in front of you and sake served in little wooden boxes.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Hopeless_Case
    Options
    I'm going to get a chicken breast from the freezer for OH and we're going to have rice and veg - courgettes for me as per :rotfl::rotfl:
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm using up the last of Sunday's roast pork tonight by making a pork and pineapple stir fry with rice. This will also use up a couple of slightly bendy carrots and a few leftover broccoli florets. It doesn't sound all that tasty when I say it like that, but I'm sure it will be lovely :)
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Homemade pasties tonight, with chips and beans.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    spinning tongiht so may call upon a portion of hash again tonight, tomorrow night i was meant to be out but it is cancelled, im secretly pleased, so will do a chilli type dish i think for that and thursday
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This baby ;)

IMG_3325.jpg
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Suki you gotta love free food, we have had some lovely Bass and a few mackerel, just waiting for shooting season to kick off for free foul :D

I don't know if it's a change in the weather, or what, but I am not sleeping and feel wrecked and CBA with much cooking - tonights offering is grilled gammon steaks with jacket spud for DH and cauliflower cheese for both - if DH asks for a ring of pineapple I will throw the tin at him :rotfl: I am not fond of sweet and savoury combos
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport