"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it."

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Electrician has been and the underfloor heating in the kitchen is now working - the floor is 'not cold' and the room is starting to warm up. He's set it to work as heating rather than just taking the chill off the floor which is what we've done in the bathrooms.

He's also given me the details of somewhere to talk to about doors.

Spent the day in London at the dentist. I've got to have some expensive work done as I need to have some gum tissue grafted as well as having the infection cleared from the implant. So expensive and uncomfortable, but necessary. While I was there the car had the tracking adjusters replaced (another necessary expense) and on the way back I caught up with a friend for coffee - and she gave me a lift to pick up my car.

The major dental work will be next Thursday in order to get it done before Christmas. I need to think what other appointments I should try to make while I'm not travelling!
  • greenbee
    edited 1 December 2018 at 2:32PM
    Options
    I haven't made the phone calls I should have done to the door people or to the kitchen company (I think I've decided I'll pay for a design, even if I end up deciding I can't afford them). However, I have done my tax return, and despite the changes last year (no pension payments for the last 2.5 months and cashing in a CITRA that gave me a £500 tax exemption) I only owe £127. Next year will be worse due to the change in job and my weird tax code (because I have a variable income due to quarterly bonuses) so I must try to get it done earlier in the year.

New F/F arrived today, and is in the kitchen airing as it smells of plastic inside. It's odd having something full height, but it should help with getting used to the idea of proper kitchen units.

Amazon have sent me a 30-day trial for prime. I'm just trying to work out whether its worth it as I try to use smaller companies where I can. My kindle is full of unread work documents, so I have no shortage of reading, so the only real temptation is the music subscription.

Vile weather, so I don't think I'll get any gardening done this weekend. However, I do need to finish clearing the kids' room so it can have a deep clean on Tuesday.

I've just checked the donation request list for the local night shelter and they want plastic food tubs... so a good excuse to clear out some of mine without feeling too guilty.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Transferred everything over from the old freezer yesterday, took some stuff out of plastic tubs (the ones I want to get rid of) and decanted it into bags.

Transferred the fridge contents over and the new one looks almost empty!

Managed to clear the kids' room, although I now have two other rooms looking chaotic. And then heard that my cleaner has broken her wrist - she's having surgery today so won't be in tomorrow - but seems to think she can get the bus over and carry on working after that. I'm not convinced she'll be able to do much with one hand - or that she should.

Also managed to transfer the surplus garden waste from when my mum was here into the council bags, so hopefully it will all be collected this week. There's a bit of space, so I should really try to find time to do a bit more weeding and cutting back.

I managed to call the door people today, and they're coming out tomorrow, which is good news.

Christmas presents are currently scattered all over the sitting room floor. I need to make some decisions and get them wrapped, labelled and put away.

Very lethargic - I think I need to make an effort to get some more exercise. I'm going to pilates, but need to start running again. The weather is just so unappealing...
  • greenbee
    Options
    Robot vacuum delivered today (I blame redofromstart) and is now charged and on the rampage. It seems to be spending forever cleaning the kids’ room, but then that hasn’t been done for a year!

Changed my bedding today, and put a dark duvet cover on that I haven’t used for a couple of years (it’s about 20 years old!) and it makes the room feel much cosier even with the very lightweight pale blue and white curtains i’ve got up temporarily. As a result, i’ve also swapped the cellular blanket I have as an extra layer for a lovely Victorian wool plenty shawl that has been stored for years.

The robot has come and found me... and went straight under the wardrobe! I can see it’s going to take a bit of getting used to!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cosy sounds nice :) the robot sounds, potentially *extremely* useful :rotfl: and I think you may have misunderstood the meaning of the word "lethargic" :kisses3: though of course feeling that way, and being that way are two very different things. Seriously, take it easy, don't wipe yourself out with it all. You're doing amazingly!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greenbee
    Options
    Thanks KC :) I need to get a lot more exercise and a LOT more work done!

The robot is certainly doing a good job - I've emptied it twice, and had to remove a LOT of hair from the brushes. Considering upstairs was supposed to have been hoovered throughout a couple of weeks' ago I'm somewhat surprised how much there is - mind you, I'm pretty sure my cleaner hasn't been using the hoover attachments I've requested her to use for specific floor types. She seems to be fairly vague at times (I have to keep telling her NOT to use cleaning sprays on polished furniture - I'm sure she's still doing it, so if I spot her again I'm going to have to tell her that it doesn't help me if her cleaning damages the furniture).

I've been to pilates this morning, decided I CBA to detour via the CS drop off with my bootload of stuff, and instead of doing the recording I should be at the moment, I'm making flapjacks. Because obviously I need the sugar :rotfl:

Freezing cold outside - still very frosty at the front - but lovely and sunny, so must do this recording once the flapjacks are out and then go for a walk to do some gardening to make the most of it.
  • greenbee
    Options
    I've emptied the robot AGAIN. It seems to be doing a very good job, and hopefully over time, if used regularly, it won't be picking up quite so much! I can't use it downstairs at the moment as it is far too chaotic, but I'm tempted to tidy up so I can!

It's also motivating me to get properly sorted out upstairs so that the floor is clear for it to get round properly. Edges and skirtings will still need doing by hand, and sadly it doesn't do the dusting either (I wonder whether there's a dusting drone!), but it should help keep the dust levels down anyway.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Still love the new robot :) It's a bit like having a pet, but can be left alone safely...

Oil tank has been topped up, and I've done the second CS drop off at last. I'm a bit suspicious about the efficiency of their gift aid processing.

Last night I finally got round to logging into 3 old webmail accounts that no longer work via the mail client on any of my devices. I cleared out the rubbish and identified a few organisations that either haven't paid attention to my requests to update details, or who I forgot to update. Two gift aid emails, so I updated my tax return and reduced my tax bill by about £4 :) I've been in touch with a couple of them, and have a list of the others to deal with. I just need to work out how to remove my old email address from my appleID as I really don't want to have to get a new one.

There's no way to put an autoreply on the webmail which is annoying. And I'm not entirely sure how to go about deleting the accounts, but I'm sure I'll work it out

Off to stay with friends tonight as I'm at the dentist in London tomorrow which seems like a good opportunity to catch up. I expect I'll feel pretty horrible tomorrow, so want to get a bit of downstairs tidied up today to make space for the robot to have a wander round when I get back. Or possibly before :D
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with your dentist. That robot is sounding like a very useful pet, I like it :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greenbee
    Options
    The robot is a very useful pet!

The dentist was bearable but it really, really hurts now :(

Didn’t sleep last night so am hoping to do better tonight.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback