Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 568
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 18th Aug 19, 8:01 PM
    • 3,414 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Some on DT are most definitely, fopdoodle
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 19th Aug 19, 7:03 PM
    • 10,285 Posts
    • 16,927 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Shampoo and shower gel combined ďfor menĒ. Doesnít seem to be any equivalent for women.

I donít care, I am going to use it anyway. It smells quite nice and was reduced to 75p (thatís the important bit ).

I will let you know if I grow a beard, or anything else I didnít have before!
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Aug 19, 10:18 PM
    • 28,956 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Shampoo and shower gel combined ďfor menĒ. Doesnít seem to be any equivalent for women.

I donít care, I am going to use it anyway. It smells quite nice and was reduced to 75p (thatís the important bit ).

I will let you know if I grow a beard, or anything else I didnít have before!
    Originally posted by Bogof_Babe
    What brand is this, iíve never seen a shower gel that says its for anything other than face and body. I use pantene 2 in 1 and dove for men shower gel. Also i find nivea for men shaving gel is the best.
    • squiggles
    • By squiggles 19th Aug 19, 10:57 PM
    • 1,398 Posts
    • 2,619 Thanks
    squiggles
    What brand is this, iíve never seen a shower gel that says its for anything other than face and body. I use pantene 2 in 1 and dove for men shower gel. Also i find nivea for men shaving gel is the best.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Superdry Sport shower gel is for hair and body. Itís in special offer in Boots right now for £2.63.

We use the green one and itís really nice and a strong scent and a very thick quality gel so you only need a tiny amount and it doesnít make your hair feel like straw. Great for the gym even though itís a blokes toiletry I like it.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 20th Aug 19, 6:48 PM
    • 10,285 Posts
    • 16,927 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    This one is Palmolive Sport, with grapefruit and mint oils. Itís actually 3-in-1... body, hair and face. I used it this morning and itís really nice, not too masculine at all. I still used a bit of hair conditioner afterwards but can recommend it for ladies as well as men.

• jansus
    • By jansus 20th Aug 19, 9:10 PM
    • 12,217 Posts
    • 48,390 Thanks
    jansus
    How long have you got? it would be quicker to tell you whats NOT irritating me
    ITV comp winner no 41
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 21st Aug 19, 12:17 PM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 4,808 Thanks
    dekaspace
    A funny one. mother visiting and she like to do all the chores to the point of minor (caring) nagging such as telling me the sideboards are dirty, I am not washing plates/cups etc as soon as I use them and keeps dusting and hoovering, I do have a little bit of clutter but I am neat and tidy!

To be fair shes like that at her home too, even growing up dad used to tell her off as she would smudge the tv by putting polish on it and wiping and it would be worse than it started! And kept telling her when they got a lcd tv not to wipe it with a normal cloth!
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 21st Aug 19, 3:57 PM
    • 8,271 Posts
    • 14,993 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My work normally closes on Bank Holidays at 6pm. This Monday, closes at our standard Monday time -8pm. Why? It always goes dead after 4pm as customers presume we close at 4pm. Other shops in the prescient closing at 4-5pm.

Going to be a very long and boring shift
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 21st Aug 19, 5:38 PM
    • 28,956 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    People on social media who just seem to like the sound of their own voice and the attention they get. They cant even be bothered to acknowledge attempts to help them with a simple like.
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 21st Aug 19, 6:09 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 50,822 Thanks
    Barny1979
    The apparent lack of conscience of the Bury FC Chairman
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 183 AFDs up to end of August
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £710/£1809
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 22nd Aug 19, 7:59 AM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 4,808 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Some idiots on bus this morning, already people standing and another bus due 2 minutes later, these 2 people with prams decide to get on and one shouts abuse at an elderly lady and a woman for not moving as she has "priority" when the elderly woman objects she gets told "at least I pay for my ticket" then blocks one of the women from moving and when that woman complains her and her companion start saying abuse again whilst turning to others on bus and talking about "some people" Apparently the fold down area is for buggies and not people according to her.

Wasn't a young woman etiher, must of been a woman with her grandchild

She had no care that she just made many people stand because she wanted to bring her buggy on the busiest bus in the morning! Despite having buses every 5-10 minutes!
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 22nd Aug 19, 7:24 PM
    • 10,285 Posts
    • 16,927 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Some idiots on bus this morning, already people standing and another bus due 2 minutes later, these 2 people with prams decide to get on and one shouts abuse at an elderly lady and a woman for not moving as she has "priority" when the elderly woman objects she gets told "at least I pay for my ticket" then blocks one of the women from moving and when that woman complains her and her companion start saying abuse again whilst turning to others on bus and talking about "some people" Apparently the fold down area is for buggies and not people according to her.

Wasn't a young woman etiher, must of been a woman with her grandchild

She had no care that she just made many people stand because she wanted to bring her buggy on the busiest bus in the morning! Despite having buses every 5-10 minutes!
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Why didn't the driver intervene?

• elsien
    • By elsien 22nd Aug 19, 8:13 PM
    • 19,723 Posts
    • 50,077 Thanks
    elsien
    Trying to book a campsite for the weekend, having left it far too late as usual.
    The sites are showing availability until I try to book at which point they magically get full. Apart from the ones that do have availability but a no bull breed rule. Gitdog is an !!!! but he is the friendliest least aggressive dog I have ever owned.
    Been on the website for hours now. Looks like I'm staying home.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Aug 19, 9:34 PM
    • 28,956 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Why didn't the driver intervene?
    Originally posted by Bogof_Babe
    Bus drivers often take no notice when people kick off on buses. We have actually changed which bus we get home from football matches at night because there was always a gang of lads causing trouble.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Aug 19, 9:37 PM
    • 28,956 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Trying to book a campsite for the weekend, having left it far too late as usual.
    The sites are showing availability until I try to book at which point they magically get full. Apart from the ones that do have availability but a no bull breed rule. Gitdog is an !!!! but he is the friendliest least aggressive dog I have ever owned.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Have you considered a different type of accomodation? Some hotels are dog friendly, or would that be too costly for you.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 22nd Aug 19, 10:13 PM
    • 3,127 Posts
    • 4,056 Thanks
    tealady
    Originally posted by elsien
    If you do find somewhere Elisen, I am sure that if you posted the location on here then there would be an unofficial Gitdog fan club calling to meet him.

Good luck with finding somewhere
    BTW have you ever thought of sending your tales of life with Gitdog to a magazine.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 23rd Aug 19, 6:50 AM
    • 15,374 Posts
    • 58,793 Thanks
    joansgirl
    The taste of a burnt coil from a vape tank
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd Aug 19, 8:08 AM
    • 19,723 Posts
    • 50,077 Thanks
    elsien
    Have you considered a different type of accomodation? Some hotels are dog friendly, or would that be too costly for you.
    Too expensive for me. Was meant to be meeting up with a group of friends for a seaside trip, but it's too far to drive there and back in a day and I can't find a campsite within 50 miles . I just overlooked it was a bank holiday, and the weather forecast is sending more people forth.
    Ah well, can't be helped.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th Aug 19, 8:36 PM
    • 8,271 Posts
    • 14,993 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Customer coming into my shop at 2 minutes to 4pm (we close at 4pm) wanting to see if we had any paddling pools. Why leave it that late? We sold out and she wanted to know what other shops would have them. All we could think of were all closed at 4pm. Have no sympathy for people who expect something with little time to do this
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 25th Aug 19, 8:44 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 50,822 Thanks
    Barny1979
    Customer coming into my shop at 2 minutes to 4pm (we close at 4pm) wanting to see if we had any paddling pools. Why leave it that late? We sold out and she wanted to know what other shops would have them. All we could think of were all closed at 4pm. Have no sympathy for people who expect something with little time to do this
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Their child probably suddenly had a meltdown at 3:45pm when their current pool sprung a leak
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 183 AFDs up to end of August
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £710/£1809
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,179Users online

Martin's Twitter