3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Scrimps wrote: »
    weve sold our kayak which wont get use for a couple of years at least so have put more into the emergency savings. Please could you update post number 2 to £5,694.56. Thank you.

Scrimps this is amazing - well done :j :j :j
    You have a smidge over 5% to go - you are almost there :money:
    Keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Dobbibill
    Alicia1804 wrote: »
    Thanks, Dobbi! I'm modestly aiming for £1,500 by the end of the year. If so, I have £600 of it, already.

40.00% towards your goal - brilliant news :j :j :j
    post #2 updated.

It looks like you are really focused on reaching your goal by the end of the year.

Keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Another £25 added due to another marketplace sale.

We're really hoping to hit target on pay day...the car is making a funny noise so we'll see
    Thank you for keeping us focused and motivated.
  • MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all, number #15 checking in with a monthly saving of £35 please. Thanks Dobbi :)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all, it looks like this thread is keeping us on track and we're doing well!! :T

My totals currently are £2800/£3000. I might be able to hit my target this month but that depends whether I'll have any income from a lodger.

I can't wait to have the 3k so I can focus on other goals. I also feel very grateful for being in a position to save this money sooner than planned.
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I had to dip into my emergency fund to pay some fees as we have had a mortgage approved! Currently on £802.20
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

Hit my first target, got the 3k for an emergency. :)

Will keep adding more to it when I have spare cash but it will no longer be my priority. Time to bust some debt!!
  • Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    And we're back down to £4,050 due to a small car bill and a huge vets bill:eek:
  • Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    #14 here reporting a new payment, taking me to £2750. Thanks Dobbi!
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
  • Dobbibill
    Post #2 all updated for you all.

Well done to everyone.

Huge congrats to blue_mango on hitting your goal :j :j :j

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport