The OneBelow bargains thread

LouLou
LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 7 April 2019 at 2:04AM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
Glad to see this thread hasn't been locked!

(Potentially) interesting/exciting news for those in Glasgow - the old Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundworld site now has a new occupant (picture taken around 8.30pm on Saturday):
3KvE324.jpg?1
One Below is a name that's new to me but competition is always healthy (Poundland, in my opinion, are the numero uno, deservedly so, as I'm a big fan).

Edit: And, I didn't know this, looks as though Chris Edwards is back in the game! "OneBelow is the latest venture by Poundworld founder Chris Edwards and will sell a variety of household products and food for under £1, according to The Grocer.
The first branch to open will be in Leeds at the end of February, with further plans to open stores in Bradford, Wakefield, Glasgow, Irvine and two in London by the end of March."

Great news! I'm a big admirer of Chris as well!

Comments

• LouLou
    OneBelow is opening on Friday - they've moved helluva fast since Saturday night (picture taken around 8pm):
    2RglGdQ.jpg?1
    Pictures of the promo leaflet that were outside the store, a few links:
    https://i.imgur.com/vE8PjqB.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/l1j5FeL.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Ofmqcuh.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/AJ5UjQ1.jpg
  • LouLou
    edited 13 April 2019 at 8:04PM
    I was there for 10am opening! I recognised one of the executives from the Poundworld documentary a few years ago. Added some things I saw today, below:XNrw4rc.jpg?1
    Maggi Fusion Chow Mein, Sweet Chilli, Spiced Curry 64g, 39p
    YCjZSuk.jpg?1
    Britannia Granulated Sugar 1kg, 50p
    ZIpIz9j.jpg?1
    Top to Bottom, Left to Right:
    Red Bull 250ml, £1, Monster Energy Drinks (various) 500ml 89p, Emerge Zero White or Yellow 500ml, 49p
    Emerge Dual 250ml 4 For £1/29p each
    Lucozade Energy Cherry or Orange 380ml, 69p
    Mountain Dew 500ml 49p, Emerge Isotonic Sport Orange or Tropical 500ml 39p, Emerge Dual 1 litre, 59p
    Lucozade Orange, Cherry or Original 1 litre, £1
    bwwhkKB.jpg?1
    Rose's Lemon And Lime Marmalade 454g, £1 (love this stuff, and hard to find it cheap!)
    lu41JKV.jpg?1
    Aunt Bessie's Dumpling Mix or Yorkshire Pudding Mix, 49p37449600.jpg
    Swizzel's Loadsa Sweets 135g (40% Extra Free), 89p
    Dw9ngZQ.jpg?1Tavener's Red & Black Gums 79p, Fox's Glacier Fruits, Mints, Dark or Tropical 89p, Tavener's Coconut Mushrooms 79p, Wine Gums 69p, Jelly Babies 69p
    oIv3ZOu.jpg?1
    Had a look at my receipt to see what else I got:
    2 Litre Vimto 89p, Princess Marshmallows 190g 79p, Stardrops Kitchen Spray With Bleach 750ml 89p, Box Of Cotton Buds x 200 49p, Valve Caps (for boyf's motorbike) £1, Fox's Chocolatey Rings 130g 89p, Barratt's Refreshers Tube 25p.

Sorry it's mostly foody stuff but I'll do more updates when I next visit.

Edit: Actually thought this Argyle Street store was their first in Glasgow - Forge Retail Park welcomed OneBelow last Friday (5th April)! https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17545650.budget-chain-one-below-to-open-two-new-stores-in-glasgow/
  • LouLou
    I love it that OneBelow's shelf labels are crystal-clear, showing the price and the item - seems consistent throughout the store, which is great.

Some quick things from Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Bio Glow Clean Skin Moisturising 3 In 1 Face Wash 100ml, £1 (Cucumber & Camomile, free from soap/alcohol/no parabens)

Bio Glow Clean Skin Cucumber Peel Off Mask 100ml (not a fan of peel-off masks, personally!), Cruelty-Free and Vegan, £1
    (to be fair, I see these Bio Glow items at a few places for £1)
    VLBqN4J.jpg?1
    Fdgitrix Cubez, £1
    PaDbOd6.jpg
    (Didn't take a photo in store, woops) I also got a Wisdom Step By Step 0-2 years Baby Toothbrush (older options available) for 89p, cheaper than Poundland :)
    T3SCwcc.jpg?1
  • LouLou
    OneBelow, Argyle Street, Glasgow - 49p each - Impulse Shower Gel in "Soul By Melina Sophie" - With The Scent Of Blueberries, Jasmine & Orchids. Mild Formula. pH-Netural, 200ml.

Or "Dream By Paola Maria" - With The Scent Of Raspberries, Roses & Cherry Blossom. Mild Formula. pH-Neutral varieties, 200ml.
    VNtgaZy.jpg?1
    Though - annoyingly - OneBelow charged me 59p on my receipt! Bah! Didn't realise till I got home.
  • LouLou
    edited 24 May 2019 at 5:32PM
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow: (German Import) Aussie Pure Volume Conditioning Mousse (With Australian Kakadu Plum) 180ml, £1
    (English version is "Aussie Air Light Foam Conditioner Pure Locks Volume/For fine hair that feels a little thin").
    GJUiRDW.jpg?1
    Also, it seems those Impulse Shower Gels are indeed 59p - the shelf label has now been changed. I was told over a week ago it was a misprice (assume it was a "promo price" when the store originally opened).
    Q9T6ilz.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    LouLou wrote: »
    Also, it seems those Impulse Shower Gels are indeed 59p - the shelf label has now been changed. I was told over a week ago it was a misprice (assume it was a "promo price" when the store originally opened).
    Q9T6ilz.jpg?1
    69p at Poundstretcher: know when you're well off!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Jakubk
    Jakubk Posts: 127 Forumite
    "Poundworld fell into administration in June and CLOSED THE LAST of its 335 stores earlier this month."

By Ava Szajna-Hopgood - August 24, 2018

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/08/iceland-agrees-take-19-poundworld-stores-henderson-deal-falls/

I thought all Poundworld stores had closed?
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Jakubk wrote: »
    I thought all Poundworld stores had closed?

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/08/iceland-agrees-take-19-poundworld-stores-henderson-deal-falls/

Iceland has agreed in principle to acquire 19 of Poundworld’s stores, with four earmarked to become Iceland’s Food Warehouses.

If the deal is completed, the remaining 15 will become regular Iceland stores.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • LouLou
    Thought these looked great - Love Hearts (Strawberry), Parma Violets (Violet), Rainbow Drops (Peach), Drumstick Squashies (Raspberry) Reed Diffusers, in store at the Argyle Street, Glasgow, store earlier.
    1DUEg4v.jpg?1
    Though Hotukdeals suggests these can be found in B&M for 50p!
  • LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow on Thursday afternoon.

Star Wars Make & Do Book, £1
    0wGGoHY.jpg?1
    5 Piece Star Wars Stationery Set - ruler, sharpener, eraser, pencil and metal pencil case, £1
    r3h7F9d.jpg?1
    Lynx Shower Foam Gold Instant Shower Foam (Oud Wood & Fresh Vanilla Scent) 200ml, £1
    PFjw0oM.jpg?1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure