EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Woohoo to jeans being too big although boo! to having to buy more! I hate shopping for jeans
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I too hate shopping for jeans.
    Currently wearing a pair that are at half mast.
    Blooming middle rise :mad::mad::o:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Jeans are the worst!!! It's so nice to have a pair that fits properly, but it happens so rarely.

Your kitchen really is lovely, well worth all the hassle. It must be such a pleasure to cook now :)
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 July 2017 at 3:23PM
    Beanie :rotfl::rotfl: at your half-mast jeans - hold on tight girl! :rotfl::rotfl:

Misty - nope - BRA Shopping - THAT's the worst! :eek:

Starnac Trouser shopping full stop is a pain when you're 5'1"!

Well I compromised on the clothes shopping as I didn't find any jeans that worked for me for both fit and price. Got my new work trousers though and also bought a pair of trainers as I need a new pair for actually fitness stuff - my current pair are on their last legs so I'll take them to the beer festival which will kill them off totally. £11.50 trousers and £21 trainers so that's not too bad.

Other MSE stuff:
    - Car has shown no signs of leaking again since so I'm cautiously leaving it alone for the moment
    - £10 paid to card (PA money)
    - My car insurance renewed for £231.39
    - Airshow ticket for Biggin Hill booked ahead of the price going up

Still need to tackle MrEH's car insurance, breakdown insurance for both cars and the contents insurance as well. :eek:

Food is sorted for the week - I bought the Morrisons 3 for £10 meat deal so that will sort out several nights with a lot left over to freeze as well. Morrison is the only supermarket meat I'll buy through choice so it works well to go there months I can't get to the farmer's market. Need to batch cook tomato sauce and portion out what won't be used this week to freeze, and also go through the fridge to work out what needs using up as we're at the beer festival next week.

Beer festival should work out a bit cheaper than normal this year hopefully as we have accommodation right by the venue so once the festival is actually open to the public we'll have no travel costs at all. The accommodation costs get claimed back too which is great. It's room only too so we get a meal voucher for each day we work - which we can either use for breakfast or another meal though the day - I often just take cereal for breakfast and then use my voucher for dinner.

I'm hoping that my old Next jeans and my old cut-offs will just about work if I take a belt to wear with them, along with an old pair of cropped trousers, then I've got 2 pairs of jeans that fit currently or a new pair of cropped trousers that I can wear for nights out. If I'm really stuck the black jeans will have to do for working days too.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    All sounding very organised!

When is the festival? Yes I know you've probably said but I can't remember :o sorry :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    We're there from Friday for Setup - then open to the public Tuesday 8th - Saturday 12th. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Oh very soon then! I hope you have a wonderful time :D x
  • EssexHebridean
    Thanks Hidden! :D It's superb fun - hard work as well mind, but nonetheless great fun and our bar are a brilliant team - we've mostly worked together at the festival for years so it's just a gang of mates getting together! :beer:
    she/her
  • Thanks Hidden! :D It's superb fun - hard work as well mind, but nonetheless great fun and our bar are a brilliant team - we've mostly worked together at the festival for years so it's just a gang of mates getting together! :beer:

That sounds like so much fun!!!
  • EssexHebridean
    It really is Misty!

CC money shuffle got done last night so that's all straight.
    We've both been paid and the relevant shuffling about of money done off the back of that, too.

No work travel costs for MrEH from Friday right through next week, and no diesel for either of us once his car is safely stashed in our friend's garage over at Balham either. :T

Need to do a run to a supermarket at some stage Friday or over the weekend so I can grab oddments for lunches through next week - I also want to pick up a reusable water bottle to take with me as that makes it easier to judge that I'm drinking enough - important when you're also drinking a fair bit of beer, too!

Jobs for this evening I think are to sort toiletry bags for next week, and also to sort out at least one of the insurances that needs doing. Will have a quick shufti at the comparison sites again in a minute and decide where we're going with that - might even be able to do the home insurance here at lunchtime which gives us a crack at some cashback too as it will be a different computer to the one I did the original comparisons on. :T

Yesterday evening was spendy as my pal reminded me I still needed to book flights for a weekend in Northern Ireland for an airshow in September - £128 on flights - hotel is already booked for the saturday and he's booked me into the friends & family accommodation on base for the Friday night. He's also doing the driving so in his words I "just need beer money!" :T:beer: Thoroughly enjoy my annual trip to Portrush so looking forward to that one now! :D

:j:j Just checked PA and got a £5 study - only took me just over 10 minutes too! :beer:
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills