PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

So OS that it's sad?

Comments

• SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    best bit of going on hols is a mooch in the local shops - nearly bought a mixer back from italy last year, very similar to a kenwood but much cheaper - but realistically we couldn't have fit it in the car.
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Funny this thread has come up now, I'm currently kicking myself as my neighbour is on hols in France and I forgot to ask her to bring me back some Savon de Marseilles, I love the stuff.
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    We've just come back from a week in Essex and my only souvenirs are three postcards for my scrapbook and two Jamie Oliver cookbooks which were £2 each in a charity shop.

I did spend quite a lot of money though as DH came with me every time I went to the supermarket and kept sneaking things like razor blades and beer into the trolley.
  • Saturnalia

I can get Savon de Marseilles in our local T K Maxx

Mrs P P
    "Keep your dreams as clean as silver..." John Stewart (1939-2008)
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Oh fab!!! I'll have a look tomorrow.
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The local mini mart did the most fantastic washing pegs I have seen, really solid thick plastic with strong metal spring and 24 in a pack for 90 cents!! I bought 6 packs to bring home...

If you'd waited until you got home and when the gypsies come knocking at your front door you could have got a lifetime of free good luck with every packet of pegs sold.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    We went to Florida in 2005 for our silver wedding taking just one suitcase between us. We bought another in Walmart while we were there and it came home full of groceries, cereals - fruit loops and lucky charms, choc bars, reese's cups, marshmallow fluff, you name it we shipped it.

Our 3 (adult!!) children had sent us with a shopping list:rotfl:
  • Last time we were in Turkey we bought a huge round baking tin that you can cook anything and everything in - I wish I had bought some of the smaller size ones as well. we also got some brilliant trivets as well and all for less than £10
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • lollipopsarah
    lollipopsarah Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    what a great post, thank you.
    x
  • the_cake
    the_cake Posts: 668 Forumite
    I do this too! Years ago we went over to France in the car, and came home with a kitchen sink ... it was lovely, white ceramic, double bowl and draining boards on both sides. And I have bought lots of little things over the years; I hate the sort of stuff they sell as souvenirs, would much rather buy something useful to remind me of a good holiday. Went to a Shaker village a few years ago in the USA, bought a tea towel. Still use it, still love it, reminds me of the beautiful calm Shaker houses....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure