PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vixtress wrote:
    :D sad i know but i am so proud of myself! always thought home made sweets etc were only for those creative types i have always rather envied! i cant believe how simple and ridiculously gorgous they are!!

in about 3 weeks i have gone from a life long spending for the sake of it, product buying queen to fairly os AND I LOVE IT!!

so thanks to all of you on this site and hope you dont mind me joining you! :beer:
    They sound great, now pass them round:D

I cheated and got some inexpensive ones from Aldi and Lidl

They look better than the Thorntons ones I got in the 80s.
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Options
    Kazonline wrote:
    Well done Vixtress! I had meant to make some as gifts this year myself, but unlike you I never quite got around to it - good on you. Hope they're really yummy :D
    Kaz x
    Oh yes the old round tuits - they are going very cheap at Asda this week!:D
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    :T Well done Vixtress. OS is so rewarding isn't it?

And thanks a million Stilernin for the egg-free peppermint cream recipe :T My dd is allergic to eggs, and I always thought peppermint creams were offf the menu.
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the welcome, think i will try a baileys chocolate cheesecake next, sounds a nice alternative to xmas pud.
    think i may need to look at some healthy recipes in the new year or i will be the size of a small country by next xmas :rotfl:
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    vixtress wrote:
    i may need to look at some healthy recipes in the new year or i will be the size of a small country by next xmas :rotfl:
    Yes, well that is the downside :D
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Do tell mrbe as this is to be his next venture into the delight of sweet things. Or will he make the lasagne first?:think:
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • littlesnuggy
    Options
    Hi all,

I made some chocolate truffles earlier today using this recipe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/truffles_67741.shtml

It says to leave the mixture to cool for 1.5 hours, at which point it should be set, so you can roll it into balls..

I left it for nearly 2 hours, just tried, and ended up with the mixture just smeared over my hands (which of course I then just had to lick off! :rolleyes: )

Any idea what I should do? Leave it a bit longer and try again? Or put it in the fridge maybe?

Thank you!!
  • spiddy100
    Options
    Is it for valentines day? Can you restyle them as some kind of chocolate body paint? :)

I would probably try putting it in the fridge/freezer but have never tried making them so perhaps others will be more expert!
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • the_optimist
    Options
    Don't put it in the fridge - yet! Take a bit of mixture and turn it into a ball, if you're like me, it'll take some practice, my first ones looked like some monstrocities. Then put them in the frisge, they will harden to whatever shape (hopefully balls) you've made.
    Hope this makes sense
    Good luck
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    Chinese Proverb
  • Gingernutmeg
    Options
    I would try putting it in the fridge - I always do that with chocolate truffles. I can't remember my recipe offhand, but that one seems awfully 'wet'. 5tbsp is a lot of alcohol for that amount of chocolate ... maybe it should read 5tsp?

Refrigerating it might be your best bet ... if the worst comes to the worst, you could always serve it as a dipping sauce for fresh strawberries or something like that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure