13»

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Ahem, this is a four-year old thread!!!

It is, and normally I'd say the same as you, but the responses from lincroft and me were in response to the poster who resurrected the thread rather than to anything posted previously.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    It is, and normally I'd say the same as you, but the responses from lincroft and me were in response to the poster who resurrected the thread rather than to anything posted previously.
    As was mine, suppose I should have quoted the post. Didn't mean to imply anything.
  • duns123
    duns123 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just had the same from ziffit & the first time with them. They lost a perfectly good CD & as there was only 25-30 books cd / dvds in it I knew it was definately in there.
    In the same batch I had entered the barcode for a book but because they showed a different title for the same barcode, they pretended it wasn't there & said it was missing.
  • cazeya
    Options
    They have a appalling customer service and books keep disappearing or being taken out of the final value without reason.
    I'm not impressed either.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cazeya wrote: »
    They have a appalling customer service and books keep disappearing or being taken out of the final value without reason.
    I'm not impressed either.

If they keep disappearing why do you keep using them?
  • robbierobbo
    Options
    A year later and I just thought I'd add this...check what World of Books will sell your book/cd for first..I was offered £2.20 for a CD (via Ziffit)  they are selling on eBay for £65.99...now there are mark ups...and then there are mark ups....
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You should never accept an offer on books or CDs without first checking on Ebay/Amazon 2nd hand sellers to see what they are achieving (sold prices, not asking price although asking will give an indication). Particularly so for text books or non-fiction although a 20 year old nursing handbook is quite likely to be worth very little.
    On a similar topic, I have seen people (not often) at carboots squatting on the floor and scanning, one by one, all the CDs in a box (presumably using the Amazon scanning app). If that had been me and he came up with 7 CDs to buy I'd be saying "well, they WERE 50p each but those ones will cost you a fiver each" :)
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 August 2020 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Why? If the sellers not savvy enough to spend a few seconds scanning a CD (are they still a thing?) it's their loss
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback