PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OT, how're your feet coming along Pollycat?
    How soon before you are allowed back out on the hunt?!
    (And then decked by the medics as they gnaw the other one)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yesterday I got an F&F camel mac, fully lined with a slight satin finish to the fabric, lovely condition £3.50, ideal for spring and autumn, a grey Iron Workers t shirt, sort of an american style faux vintage t shirt, £2, a pair of leopard print and patent ballet flats, barely worn and good quality £3.99, an F&F navy pencil skirt with a contrasting panel down the centre front and back, knee length and ideal for work, full lined too, £3.49 and lastly a Boden cropped cardigan with 3/4 sleeve in a teal colour £3.50.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nice finds dolly84

Pollycat can you do :j yet?

I really do wish the chazza fairy would stop tantalising me with lovely summer dresses. Today it was a Matthew Williamson strappy maxi dress with a proper bra thingy in the bodice so it could be worn strapless or with the thin straps deployed. BNWT, dark grey with brightly coloured abstract flowers on the jersey fabric and priced at £10. Then a Miss Selfridge lightweight empire line, denim sundress, also maxi length and with white embroidery on the bodice and hem. BNWT and £8.50.

!!! I resisted both !!! *proud*

However, probably inspired by the glorious sunshine this afty I did buy a pair of M & S white jeans, as new and reduced to half price £1.90. I know that these normally sell at £39.95 in M & S as I have several pairs in this exact style already. First pair bought in the M & S sale at half price and the rest chased up in various chazzas cos I like them so much :)
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    Speaking as someone built using an icecreamscoop, I am intrigued that a garment exists
    with a proper bra thingy in the bodice so it could be worn strapless
    As every time I've worn anything strapless it has been lined, boned, carefully fastened & under some pressure. (Ah, happy memories!)

I think the chazza fairy has your number, and size, just hasn't quite twigged your wardrobe...
    Enjoy it!
    Says she, metaphorically sprawled on a horde of Denby...
    <Briefly doodles Smaug & a bouncy castle - nope, I had 'way more fun>
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, the chazza fairy continues his/her mission to make me buy even more dresses :o Today it was a Hobbs BNWT jersey dress in a black and ivory pattern. Wrap over stylee with ties that fasten round the back. The Hobbs tag indicates that the original price was £99 but it was reduced in the Hobbs sale to £39. Price to me in the RSPCA shop.....£6 :j Also in the same shop I got a long sleeved silky shirt with a longer back than front in a black/dark green/turquoise/purple pattern...priced at £2. I did try on a Lipsy skirt, also priced at £2, but it did not spark joy so I left that.....
  • DigForVictory
    edited 16 May 2019 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Oh that man! Langley Lucerne honeypot w notched lid, 2 Denby daybreak cereal bowls (in nesting different sizes!) & 3 Denby Luxor cereal bowls (& a 4th with a chip) total £4 plus a pair of trousers for the gym for youngest so all got home safe & happy!
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Picked up two lovely summer dresses this afternoon for the grand total of £5
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Lavendar
    Lavendar Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do any people have luck in larger sizes? Although I get a few bits most things are for the thinner lady.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lavendar wrote: »
    Do any people have luck in larger sizes? Although I get a few bits most things are for the thinner lady.

I regularly see things I like in sizes 18, 20 and 22 but I don't remember anything bigger than that but the 20's and 22's are probably not in as great supply as 12's and 14's.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    Some of the larger sizes depend on geography - a cs drawing on a trendy city hinterland will probably not get the bigger sizes plus various cs shops have internal agreements that over a certain size goes to a sub-branch elsewhere. If you think that's happening, do ask!

In fairness we gave a large bag of toys to a local cs to recognise one of them at its sister shop in another town - I don't think it was courtesy, I think they were working the regional demographics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure