I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Oh boy :-( Is there any way that you, DGD and son + babies could go "out out" for the day? At least fore-warned is fore-armed.

Hope that all goes as well as possible - it is not good for the babies (or DGD for that matter) should be subject to scenes.

We are all going out at 11am to meet up with Biggest, there are 11 of us booked for lunch somewhere.
    If the GF and her Mum turn up before then I have been advised to call 999 and then the Social. The police will put a protection order on the boys and they will stay in my care, or Dad and my care. So actually if she is stupid enough to write her own death warrant so to speak then her arrival may be the better option. Although obviously not for the children/DGD or if it makes us late for lunch!!

I did not get much sleep and with the clock change I have been deprived of even more sleep. Such is life.

Onwards and upwards?!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If any of the calls , threats etc were by texts,email or on the landline answer service keep them as evidence . DS needs to realise that offering to let her have the boys including overnight implies he believes they are safe with her . Access needs to be in a supervised place and should be under SS Safeguarding . He needs to stop running around after her as that's what led to the 2nd pregnancy after he'd moved into the flat alone . I imagine you'll be hitting the phone tomorrow to SS so is it possible to either take a day off work or try to do some work from home?
    I feel for you, so difficult as things are I hope the time with family today means Mothers Day isn't a total washout for you all .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Mothers' Day to all here.

Mooloo, it sounds as if your life is 'interesting' - as in the, alleged, old Chinese curse 'May you live in interesting times'! I agree that it is best not to go into details on a public forum, really hope today goes smoothly for you.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We had a reasonably good lunch with 6 children!
    It was a carvery so that was good.
    DS has managed to sleep for 3 hours this afternoon. As did the baby.
    They are awake now. I have fed the toddler but not the rest of us.
    We are still waiting to hear from the police.
    We blocked the gf and her mothers telephone numbers so it's been peaceful. If they appeared when we were out obviously they were out of luck.
    Dgd and I have been packing her suitcase for her school trip tomorrow. Which is a good thing as it will get her out of the disruptions.

I am shattered. I hope that I will sleep well tonight.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad that today has passed peacefully Mooloo. I take it that you will be contacting SS tomorrow to protect the babies? Are you still intending to take your trip - or has it been postponed? Personally, were I in your shoes, I would postpone as I would not be able to concentrate on the research that is the intention of the trip - and it seems as if DS will need your support until s more permanent solution can be reached.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I don't plan to cancel as I would loose the money already paid. I stillhave my life to plan and although I am willing to adapt I am not willing to give it up. This issue will not be resolved over night. The meetings and court cases will take time. Dgd is away with her mum and it is the best time for me around my work. It may sound selfish but I am not prepared to give up on my future. I have put everyone else first all my life.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So glad you all enjoyed the carvery. Hope dgd enjoys her trip and her shoulder is ok now . Might be worth wrapping her in bubble wrap.
    Now the clocks have gone forward it should help all of us who hate the dull and dreary days and early nights .

Keep reminding yourself of how proactive you've been recently in getting your business known and linking up with other businesses . I know the London show focuses more on new hopefuls in modelling but did you get any feedback from the designer on the Dotty range?

Have you picked the summerhouse/workshop yet? You may have already sorted this but as your neighbour will be helping dig out the base while he has the digger you need to allow for the electrics before the base is laid .

Wishing you a peaceful evening and undisturbed rest tonight .

I'm just trying to motivate myself to change the clocks that don't update automatically , it's always a giggle trying to tell the time here for a day or two after the move forward or backwards. Some are breakable and the Bone china one is always the last I do .

hb2 Every time someone mentions "Interesting Times" I think of Terry Pratchett .

Has anyone been watching the new series of Victoria? There hasn't been much lately on tv I watch but I'm enjoying that . After some lovely sunny days it looks as though it will be big coat days here in the north over the next few days hope those in other areas keep the sun .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    So glad you all enjoyed the carvery. Hope dgd enjoys her trip and her shoulder is ok now . Might be worth wrapping her in bubble wrap.
    Now the clocks have gone forward it should help all of us who hate the dull and dreary days and early nights .

Keep reminding yourself of how proactive you've been recently in getting your business known and linking up with other businesses . I know the London show focuses more on new hopefuls in modelling but did you get any feedback from the designer on the Dotty range?

Have you picked the summerhouse/workshop yet? You may have already sorted this but as your neighbour will be helping dig out the base while he has the digger you need to allow for the electrics before the base is laid .

Wishing you a peaceful evening and undisturbed rest tonight .

I'm just trying to motivate myself to change the clocks that don't update automatically , it's always a giggle trying to tell the time here for a day or two after the move forward or backwards. Some are breakable and the Bone china one is always the last I do .

hb2 Every time someone mentions "Interesting Times" I think of Terry Pratchett .

Has anyone been watching the new series of Victoria? There hasn't been much lately on tv I watch but I'm enjoying that . After some lovely sunny days it looks as though it will be big coat days here in the north over the next few days hope those in other areas keep the sun .
    pollyx

I haven't seen much tv.
    I enjoyed Victoria last time. I will have to watch it on catchup.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Dgd goes in her school trip today.
    I need to come home to babysit while DS goes to the solicitor as Biggest has all of her family poorly so she can't babysit now.
    All good plans get changed again.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plans change, dreams get put on the back boiler, but you still go on Mooloo - you have my admiration! And on reflecting, yes, you are right in not postponing your plan to research Portugal - if you stay here, SS will be happy to abdicate any safeguarding plans to you. By continuing with your plans you are reinforcing the need for Social Services to provide that safe-guarding.

Hope that DS gets a rottweiler of a solicitor to help - and that DGD enjoys her school trip. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure