Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 489 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got a reply from my message about Unaddressed Mail survey invitations from TNS. Here it is

Thank you for your message.

Thousands of invites go out for each wave of the Unaddressed /Correctly Delivered Mail Survey, and because many panellists we want to invite may not currently be taking part in another of our surveys we send the invites via email rather than through Postal Platform. When we have in the past sent these emails during office hours we found that the high number of panellists logging in simultaneously to accept the invite has slowed down the system considerably. We are working on a solution to this and hopefully we will soon have some good news to share.

We do understand that it’s frustrating when you log in to find all slots in your postcode area filled, but we find that slots can fill quickly at any time of day. To give as many panellists as possible the chance to take part, we only send invites to those who are not already participating in a current wave.
  • Lavandergirl
    Lavandergirl Posts: 39 Forumite
    cherie1122 wrote: »
    I got a reply from my message about Unaddressed Mail survey invitations from TNS. Here it is

Thank you for your message.

Thousands of invites go out for each wave of the Unaddressed /Correctly Delivered Mail Survey, and because many panellists we want to invite may not currently be taking part in another of our surveys we send the invites via email rather than through Postal Platform. When we have in the past sent these emails during office hours we found that the high number of panellists logging in simultaneously to accept the invite has slowed down the system considerably. We are working on a solution to this and hopefully we will soon have some good news to share.

We do understand that it’s frustrating when you log in to find all slots in your postcode area filled, but we find that slots can fill quickly at any time of day. To give as many panellists as possible the chance to take part, we only send invites to those who are not already participating in a current wave.
    It still doesn't help when they send them out at 1.00 a.m. or thereabouts, surely they could be sent out in batches at different times of day to enable more of us to have a chance again?
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I missed another one at 1.06 this morning too

but I am back on the panel again after 5 months rest.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    It still doesn't help when they send them out at 1.00 a.m. or thereabouts, surely they could be sent out in batches at different times of day to enable more of us to have a chance again?

Complain, I sent them a message about it & they said they are considering what to do as others have contacted them about it so add another voice & some further weight to the argument
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    and yet all these folks, up during the night didnt complain when all you 'regular' folks were getting the invites during the day?
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think the problem with the other survey invites is that now they always come at some early hour in the morning. In the past when they came during the day, it was not always at the same time so most posters at intervals were able to be included in them.

It seems that with the new timing some posters are able to be almost permanently doing them whereas others, like myself, are always too late logging in to be selected. I have also noticed that I do not receive any email with the invitation so the last time I did a UMS survey was that I just happened to have logged in on the website at the time. It's unlikely everyone will ever be satisfied unless TNS find a way of being more selective who is invited to each survey.
  • bdark2755
    bdark2755 Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Two weeks training over after a 2 year break and I've received 2 messages, 1 to say I'm being parked until there's a space in my area, the other to say I'd won a tenner - lovely jubbly :j

I still have training smarts here, should I just send them back? I still have a smart return envelope here from my last stint, I can't remember what I did with them last time. They haven't asked for them back, but a couple of them aren't the cardboard type they are the ones with the broken batteries in.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Last week I had 2 training items listed to post for 6th & 9th but they have not arrived yet. Looked at the on line list today and they have disappeared, now showing for 11th & 12th. I don't think they really know what they are doing.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry if this has been answered recently and I've missed it - how do magazines show up now?
    I've had one which I'm sure is from TNS but I can't see a list or pictures of anything I should be expecting and there is obviously no R number.
    Any idea?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 3 July 2018 at 11:35PM
    elsien wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered recently and I've missed it - how do magazines show up now?
    I've had one which I'm sure is from TNS but I can't see a list or pictures of anything I should be expecting and there is obviously no R number.
    Any idea?

response service/bulk mail and magazines (non r number items) were stopped about a year ago, are you sure its from them?

Received Aug 2017
    "Response Service and bulk mailed items are disappearing

Dear X,

After many years Royal Mail no longer wishes to measure Response Service (RS) and bulk mailed items as part of the main survey and is exploring other means of doing so.

What this means for you
    You will not need to change anything you do. You will notice that no new RS items will be allocated to you in the next weeks and bulk mailed items such as magazines will stop gradually over the next two to three months. In the meantime, please carry on sending any RS items you have and recording bulk items in the usual way.

We know that many of our panellists enjoy some of the magazines that you have received as survey items and we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause."
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure