• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Happy Payday for yesterday!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hooray for payday - just wait until you get paid for your extra hours- that’ll be exciting :beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad you enjoyed working with a different class. It's good to see how different teachers operate and classrooms work and I bet it's not long before you've officially got your own class.

Another payday already :T Any plans yet for the extra you'll be earning.

Will you spend the full £30 on slippers? I don't think I've ever paid more than £5 for a pair.

Hope the weather stays nice so you get to show off your tootsies :D Have a lovely evening. xx
  • jwil wrote: »
    Happy Payday for yesterday!
    Thanks Jwil :).
    milann wrote: »
    Hooray for payday - just wait until you get paid for your extra hours- that’ll be exciting :beer:

Thanks Milann :). I expect I'll get the overtime in July's pay :).
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed working with a different class. It's good to see how different teachers operate and classrooms work and I bet it's not long before you've officially got your own class.

Another payday already :T Any plans yet for the extra you'll be earning.

Will you spend the full £30 on slippers? I don't think I've ever paid more than £5 for a pair.

Hope the weather stays nice so you get to show off your tootsies :D Have a lovely evening. xx

Thanks TF2 :). It is really interesting to work in different classes :). Having my own class would feel like a dream come true.

I need really comfortable footwear even in the house or I get sore aching feet, so last time I bought some slip on Clarks sandals to use as summer slippers. They lasted about six years before they disintegrated and were really comfortable and supported my arches. So I'd like to buy something similar :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • A second TA was away today so I was asked to cover a different class than I expected. I really enjoyed it and the morning flew by :). I had a five minute break and then was straight into my lunchtime job.

It was really hot today, 23 degrees which is too hot for me and very humid. I was glad I wore my sandals today. It's going to be even hotter tomorrow at 24 degrees and very sunny.

This afternoon I washed and dried some clothes in the garden and Mr T delivery arrived. I bought eight pints of milk before I came home from work, as we'd run out, and an ice cold coke to drink, so spends today were £3.10.

Happy Wednesday everyone :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • teafor2

I need really comfortable footwear even in the house or I get sore aching feet, so last time I bought some slip on Clarks sandals to use as summer slippers. They lasted about six years before they disintegrated and were really comfortable and supported my arches. So I'd like to buy something similar :).

You can't put a price on comfort, especially footwear. Mine might only be £5 but I buy a couple of pairs a year so over 6 years I'll spend twice as much as you :o xx
  • Broke_Bear
    Broke_Bear Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi HHoD

My Dad always used to say never scrimp on your shoes or your mattress because if you are not in one, you are in the other. It has always stuck with me. x
    If thou of fortune be bereft, and of thine earthly store hath left,Two loaves, Sell one and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed the soul. 'Anon'

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
    Debt End of Dec '23 - £0.00 - 100% paid off
    Entering the debt free life and hoping to stay that way permanently!
  • That sounds like good advice Broke Bear :).
  • I had a good day volunteering at school yesterday. The children were doing art all morning and it was just me supporting the teacher as the TA was still off sick, so I'm not sure how they'd have managed without me. Lunchtime was hot but enjoyable.

Today the TA was back so I felt less essential but I was still useful and really enjoyed being there. I feel like I'm getting to know the staff a lot better recently and bonding more with them :). No mention of any more paid overtime sadly, but I'll live in hope.

It's DH's birthday today so I offered to miss volunteering but he wanted me to go as he knows how much I enjoy it. We're watching a film now and relaxing. Tonight we're going out for a meal just the two of us and it will be nice to have some couple time :).

It's been an expensive month with DS1's, DH's and my dad's birthdays, as well as father's day. Not only that but we bought the freezer and collected DS3 from uni which was spendy on petrol, food and the night in the hotel. So money is a bit tight at the moment, but I said to DH we should still go out for his birthday meal as it's only once a year.

Hopefully next month will be a cheaper one as at least there are no birthdays and hopefully no new appliances needed!

I hope everyone is having a good Friday :).
  • teafor2
    Hi HHD :) I'm sure the teacher's are grateful to have somebody so enthusiastic in their class and getting to know everybody can only be a good thing - they may actually put a request in for you if a vacancy comes up.

June is an expensive month for us as well with birthdays etc. and I've no idea when I last managed to top any pots up so I'm really looking forward to a new month starting.

Hope your DH is enjoying his birthday and you have a lovely evening out. xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure