Monthly Interest Savings Account paid to external account?

Any recommendations for an Instant/Easy Access Savings account that pays monthly interest to an external (nominated) account? I have a Charter Savings Bank EA that pays 1.39% to an external current account, but is there any better without maybe going to a fixed term account?

I miss the ability to set up standing orders (that were available a few years ago) to pay the interest to other accounts to act as income! There seems to be scant information about this type of account on the Banking/Savings pages of MSE.

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April 2019 at 2:16PM
    You get 1.5% AER for 12 months in a Marcus Instant Access account.

Or 1.5% AER at KRBS instant access if you have more than £1,000 in the account.

They both can pay interest monthly, and I think (not sure) both offer the option to pay your interest into your linked current account.

You'd obviously get a higher interest rate if you can lock your money away for a year or two. Some of those accounts also pay monthly interest. https://www.lovemoney.com/bestbuys/50570/the-best-savings-accounts-for-monthly-interest

What is the purpose of skimming off the interest? If you need the monthly income, why don't you just keep the annual interest amount in an interest-paying current account e.g. TSB) and withdraw it from there? Then put the rest of the money into a 1-year (or longer) bond?
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    There seems to be scant information about this type of account on the Banking/Savings pages of MSE.
    That's most likely due to the fact that income from savings accounts is now so miserable that not many people bother with monthly interest.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Thanks for the link … I'll have a look.

I have Marcus but they don't pay the interest into an external account, you have to do it manually each month …. not sure about KRBS, I can't find the info on their website … I'll give them a call. Ideally, I'd like any new one to operate like the CSB account (automatically pays the interest to external account like an SO would) but with a bit more interest :D

I've also done the TSB thing too! I have fixed accounts that pay the interest into an external account but I am at the limit of what I want to lock away.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Many thanks ….. that sounds great! You ARE good at this …..:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business