Help paying huge debt not mine!

Hi there I am desp trying to get some help after having nightmare getting any answers from npower. Iv bn in housing association property since 2011 was with Scottish power prepayment meter. Had prob with key so called was told I'm with npower now since 2013?? I nvr changed but anyway while going through giving them meter reading I found screen saying debt £177.40 anther saying £10 per week fr debt! They said I have no debt so opened up investigation nothing done finally complaint opened 2 months ago debt now 84 bn told by advisors that must b paying previous tennant debt! They said no way to tell how much until they remove meter. Iv bn called again today as they've cancelled removing meter fr anthr month was told by young guy when I asked him to explain each reassign on meter that it turns out I have 2 meters in property one is off peak and he found they bn taking thousands fr that fr years! But I have not had working heating or water fr years here can prove as gas not even on boiler problems fr years now gt new one bit gas meter on so much standing charge debt we can't use. How can this b right. I pay abt 30-40 a week fr electric that's just sockets lights etc and now they tell me they bn charging me fr this!! I hav kids I work fr minimum wage I just can't keep going like this. Summer here so won't b so cold now but just worn out with it all. Cud anyone advise please?? Thank you Lisa

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Goto your nearest citizens advice.
    Ring first. May have to make an appointment.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,519
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My advice would be to avoid the text speak and use paragraphs.
    If your post is too much effort to read, people won't bother.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome to MSE. :)

Sorry but I agree with Elsien: a lot of adults really struggle with text speak and really long sentences. My eyes just track the same line over and over. :o

I appreciate that text speak or sentences with no punctuation are completely normal for young people, but thry aren't for the rest of us. If you only have a smartphone could you maybe get to the library to use a regular computer?

We want to help you so please do post again.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Thank you I have reposted. Hope its bit better! Although saying that Iv just been told off by someone else for my new post as I did not split into paragraphs!!
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    lisaw1632 wrote: »
    Thank you I have reposted. Hope its bit better! Although saying that Iv just been told off by someone else for my new post as I did not split into paragraphs!!

Op has reposted, unfortunately by starting an other thread rather than editing original.

Other thread and comments here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5990170
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure