Making a Will - Trust wording>

Options
Does anyone know if the wording that is in a basic Will is correct below? Or is this wording consistent with assigning a Trust also?

4. Distribution of the Residue

I Give Devise and Bequeath my Estate not otherwise disposed of by this Will or any Codicil to it (including any property over which I may have a general power of appointment or disposition by Will) to my Trustees upon trust to sell call in and convert the same into money with full power in their absolute and uncontrolled discretion to postpone such sale calling in and conversion for so long a period as they shall think fit without being responsible for loss.

My Trustees shall hold the net proceeds of such sale calling in and conversion together with my ready money and any property for the time being remaining unconverted upon the following trusts:

a. Upon trust to pay thereout all my just debts legacies funeral and testamentary expenses and to any trusts declared earlier and subject thereto to hold the remaining funds ('my Residuary Estate') as follows:

b. Upon trust absolutely for my ???? if he shall survive me for the period of twenty eight clear days but if my said husband shall die in my lifetime or shall not survive me for the period aforesaid or if this gift fails or lapses for any other reason and subject thereto

c. Upon trust to distribute my Residuary Estate in the following shares:
Regards
[B[/B]

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business