Return to this thread December 2019

Comments

• * Pay off my debt
    * Start regular saving
    * Re-introduce exercise and gym sessions as a regular thing and get into shape
    * Try and be more positive and grateful instead of negative and worried :o
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    I'll be joining the walking challenge on the sports board. I did 2017 miles in 2017, no prizes for guessing what 2019s goal is . (2018s plan went to pot with achilles tendonitis).

And reading one book a week/52 books a year.

Not sure about others as I more or less retire in April, fully around end of June and just for once, I don't want too many plans.

Lose weight, but then I say that every year and I end weighing exactly the same the following January......:(
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Replace some of the tatty items of clothing that I insist on wearing out of habit and replace with things that are still comfy but less ageing and unflattering.

Find the time to regularly do something creative

Cut down on the time spent volunteering - it has become more like a "proper" job.

Lose 10lbs (yeah, right....)
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Alikay wrote: »
    Replace some of the tatty items of clothing that I insist on wearing out of habit and replace with things that are still comfy but less ageing and unflattering.

Find the time to regularly do something creative

Cut down on the time spent volunteering - it has become more like a "proper" job.

Lose 10lbs (yeah, right....)

I have a solution which ticks some of those boxes for you. We can swap clothes ( I too need to replace some tatty wearing out of habit clothes), then they may be tatty but they'll feel new. It's very MSE.

However since I need to lose a lot more than 10lbs, you will be creatively taking in all my clothes.

This will have the added bonus that you will to be busy to either a. volunteer or b. eat biscuits/chocolate/second helping.:D
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'd like to join in! ( after accidentally posting on last year's post a few days back!!)

* Lose weight
    * Find a new job
    * Not borrow anything
    * Save at least a little bit each month
    * Pay off credit cards
    * Visit some new places
    * Do more things with my daughter
  • Well I usually say I want to lose weight and clear debt but as I've more or less done that I will have to think of something else!

So, as I plan to walk the Camino de Santiago in 2020, I think I would like to have as my 2019 challenge to save up £1500 to finance the trip.

I also knit squares as a means of trying to reduce my screen time which are then turned into blankets ....so I think I would like to send off enough squares to make 4 blankets ie 140 squares as well as 140 hand warmers which I also can knit.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    * Be more proactive in maintaining my health & mobility and get painful arthritic knee problem addressed.
    *. Get the loft decluttered
    *. Redraft out of date Will
    *. Make the time to keep my friendships in good repair
  • Thanks everyone, I am taking a lot of inspiration from these posts!! Almost every one I’m nodding going ‘me too’!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    1)Pay back my remaining debt
    2)Save up deposit and rent and moving costs and move in with the bf
    3)Lose some weight. Realistically i need to lose 10st but i'm not made of miracles so i'll settle for 5st by this time next year!
  • Enjoyed looking back at what I had put last year.

This year I start a new job in January so my first resolution is to settle into that, take my time to learn everything and figue out a new routine.
    I also want to start/ find an exercise I enjoy, hopefully this is part of settling into a new routine , I struggle to stick at stuff so need to find something I enjoy.
    Finally, start saving up for a big holiday! Me and my partner will have been together 10 years in 2021, and we have decided we deserve a big holiday so are starting now, saving a tenner a week for the next two years!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure