Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I prefer the 2nd myself - just something for those who might be on a tight monthly budget to watch out for. Ideally, that first payment should be pro-rated. For those who are paid at the end/beginning of the month, the 2nd makes most sense, and if your go live date is the 1st (or close to it, you have a double-whammy for that first payment.

I'd still like to know why YE is not showing on the cheap energy club site. Is there any way to bring this to MSE's attention?
  • aris
    Options
    bri160356 wrote: »
    You’re right,… Yorkshire Energy aren’t on MSE but I’ve had a squint on Uswitch and Yorkshire Energy’s cheapest 12-month fixed tariff with zero fees is a brand new tariff called ‘Green Puffin – Fixed’.

Possibly the new tariff details haven’t been updated on MSE yet.

They’ve slipped well down the list because this brand new tariff is a deal more expensive than their previous offering called ‘Green Seahorse – Fixed’.

I signed up on their ‘Green Seahorse – Fixed’ just 2 days ago,… and it’s already been superseded by this new, more expensive tariff !;

…it doesn’t pay to hang around when choosing a new tariff does it? :doh:

I'm on Green Butterfly 12M fixed - which I originally found on the MSE comparison site - which is why I find it odd they are not listed now. As you say, doesn't pay to hang around.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Energy prices (and futures) are rising quickly at the monent and all suppliers are being forced to react, often at very short notice. So yes, don't hang around!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2018 at 3:38PM
    Options
    aris wrote: »
    I'm on Green Butterfly 12M fixed - which I originally found on the MSE comparison site - which is why I find it odd they are not listed now. As you say, doesn't pay to hang around.

I'm sure Yorks.Energy will rock up soon :cool:;not sure how the comparison sites get updated with new tariffs but it happens quite often that comparison sites don't quite tally.

Avro updated a tariff on MSE a few days ago but that same tariff didn't appear on Uswitch for another 24 hours or so.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    I!!!8217;m on Green Butterfly 12m fixed, only switched on the 8th so no DD or meter reading requests yet. I got it from the MSE site but couldn!!!8217;t switch via MSE just got re-routed to their site to do it direct. Quote was identical.
    Wait and see what happens now.... can!!!8217;t believe there seems to have been 2new tariffs since the 8th!!
  • aris
    Options
    To be fair, I don't think the costs are that much different - though i'm sure they add up to a lot over a year:

Green Butterfly:

Gas
    Unit Rate 2.718p per kWh
    Standing Charge 19.999p per day

Electricity
    Unit Rate 12.387p per kWh
    Economy7 Rate 9.933p per kWh
    Standing Charge 18.317p per day

Green Puffin (Current Tariff):

Gas
    Standing Charge: 19.218003 p/day
    Unit Price: 2.9829975 p/kWh

Electricity:
    Standing Charge: 19.664001 p/day
    Day Price: 12.797001 p/kWh
    Night Price: 10.768002 p/kWh

If they were listed on the MSE comparison site - i'm sure they would still rate well.
  • aris
    Options
    To add insult to injury - my payment to my last provider - so.energy - is going through as planned this month too. So i've got 3 lots of energy payments going out within the span of 2 weeks :)

It will all equal out in the end - but it is a serious caveat people need to be very aware of if they are on a tight budget.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tarrif updates are thick and fast across the board right now as energy prices change, lots of buying is done for the colder period, and suppliers try and adjust their sign up rates.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    Energy prices (and futures) are rising quickly at the monent and all suppliers are being forced to react, often at very short notice. So yes, don't hang around!

I opted for a switch to Yorkshire Energy just 3 days ago because their Green Seahorse 12-months fixed rate zero fees tariff was coming up as just about the cheapest fixed zero fees tariff on MSE.

However, I’ve just discovered that Eversmart’s ‘Welcome Home’ tariff is really a fixed rate zero fees tariff and not a variable tariff as shown on MSE’s (and Uswitch) comparison site.

My proposed switch to Yorks.Energy will cost me £1310/year;…a switch to Eversmart is £1198/year,… so it’s £112/year cheaper which is not a bad saving is it?

However, Eversmart’s feedback has to be described as ‘mixed’ to say the least;…but it’s feedback nonetheless.

Yorks.Energy are too new for any feedback, good or bad, to be majorly significant; IMHO, of course.

I spoke to Eversmart this morning and had a slightly confusing conversation with them about their ‘Welcome Home’ tariff conundrum and I’ve posted a few more details on the Eversmart feedback thread, for anyone remotely interested.:)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bri160356 wrote: »
    However, I’ve just discovered that Eversmart’s ‘Welcome Home’ tariff is really a fixed rate zero fees tariff and not a variable tariff as shown on MSE’s (and Uswitch) comparison site.
    Thanks for that, they look competitive, only £20 over Iresa. Just checked their website and Welcome Home clearly a 12 month fix.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback