Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
So Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• zcacmxi
    zcacmxi Posts: 136 Forumite
    Looks like I'll have to try this out and report back...
    They're coming out as one of the cheapest for me, and only have a £5 per fuel early exit charge.

Some of the other equally cheap providers have bad feedback, high exit fees, charge in advance, etc...
  • Joined So Energy on 2nd Jan 2016. Switch over has been very smooth so far.

A minor issue when trying to enter two electricity readings from my meter on their website, only seemed to be able to accept one reading. I sent them an email and they rang me back to resolve the issue. Hopefully this issue will be resolved before I need to enter the next set of readings.

I'll report back if its not sorted out.

Beware they do take payment upfront, which I suspect most 'suppliers' do.
  • These are coming out top on my comparison. Any more experiences with them?
  • Did you have to submit 2 readings because yours was or used to be an economy 7 meter? Did they ever sort it for you or is it too soon yet?
  • gazapc
    gazapc Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Any more reviews? Coming up cheap for my father but want to make sure Customer service is OK.
  • rfowler
    rfowler Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any more reviews on this guys?
  • Hi Just had a message from MSE to say that I could save £99 per year by swapping from my EON account to SO Energy. However, put the figures into my spreadsheet based on what I have actually paid so far this year and it would cost me £50 more.

Projected savings need to be confirmed by each individual checking very carefully and some people have problems doing this. Still not helped by energy suppliers or the government much on this issue. High end users of electricity such as myself cannot rely on average Kwh usage figure when Eco 7 spend is higher than day usage for example.
  • Alpha_5
    Alpha_5 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I've held off commenting here until everything switched over and I've received a statement, so here goes:

The Switch:
    I started the switch process in April. All went smooth with the actual switch taking place on the date stated.
    Communication from So Energy was prompt - in fact the welcome email from them arrived within 45 minutes of completing the online switch form on their website, while my previous supplier sent me a 'goodbye' email the same day too.

Customer Service:
    I did encounter an issue where I didn;t receive any statements for the first two months, but after contacting their customer services online to query this, the cause was rectified and the statements arrived in my email inbox within the hour, along with an apology from the customer operations manager (and not a template reply either). I'm really impressed with their customer service - I felt like I treated as a person, rather than an account number. This was an area where my previous supplier fell short.

Pros:
    Price
    Customer Service

Cons:
    No mobile app - hopefully that's something that will arrive further down the line.
    No monthly meter reading reminder email (easily remedied with a reminder on my phone)

All in all I'd definitely recommend So Energy.
  • soosiemm
    soosiemm Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2016 at 5:32PM
    I've reluctantly recently switched from Ovo to get a lower price but I buy on both price and customer service. If something goes wrong with your power you need great customer service. I'm pleased to say that So's service is superb and thankfully on a par with Ovo's great service.

So Energy can also cope with Economy 7 meters even though you don't want Economy 7. You submit two readings (day and night) and they add them together if you are on a single tariff. Previously I was just breaking even on an Economy 7 tariff but had the hassle of always having to use my washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher at night to make it worthwhile. (I have gas CH.) I had just switched over to electric cooking from gas so definitely didn't want an E7 tariff any more.

I know that So cares about their customers because I emailed them with suggestions to improve their web site. (Don't get me wrong - the web portal is fine and does the job.) I got a phone call from their Service manager to talk through my suggestions and to answer some queries I had. I then got another call to say they were going to implement one of my suggestions! As if being listened to wasn't thanks enough, I then got some chocolates in the post! They are clearly a very hands on business at the moment and care very much about their service - that's the joy of being a small business - the bosses know exactly what's going on. Ovo is a Which best buy and I wouldn't be at all surprised if So Energy is made a Best Buy next year. They deserve it on current performance and price.:j
  • skrvt
    skrvt Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 22 August 2016 at 9:15PM
    So Far So Good:
    switched over without hassle, cheapest tariff on the market.
    do not know what their support is, as there was no need to contact them yet.
    website is simple, but it would do (if it works)

.. do not see how to vote them up ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure