New Tool. Tesco Wine Discount Finder

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 May 2012 at 5:04PM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
Hi folks,

We have been developing a new tool to find hidden discounts on Tesco Wine online. Its site doesn't let you search by discount size, so this tool helps you find them.

We're building a tool for a range of online wine sellers. So far, only Tesco is the only one in and working, so we're testing it as a Tesco Wine Discount Finder for now. If you have 2 minutes to feedback on how it works for you by replying to this post, that would be ace.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/tesco-wine-discounts/

Thanks
Jenny

Comments

• bill_the_bus
    bill_the_bus Posts: 495 Forumite
    Works well with my limited knowledge of wine. Just remember there is a £5 delivery charge added, i presume it has to be delivered?
  • raphanius
    raphanius Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    but it only does tesco...surely i can 'compare' at one store myself. or am i missing the point?
    Wins: 2008: £606.10 2009: £806.24 2010: £713.47 2011: 328.32
  • sillymeeee
    sillymeeee Posts: 285 Forumite
    Worked well for me.
  • bill_the_bus
    bill_the_bus Posts: 495 Forumite
    raphanius wrote: »
    but it only does tesco...surely i can 'compare' at one store myself. or am i missing the point?

think the idea is to do the searching for you unless you only drink one specific wine. If you use the filters it gives you the best value for a particular type of wine. Agree it will be even better when it compares all outlets tho
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    I find it easier to use Tesco's own search facility. I just search by price so always look at £3.99 and under a bottle and it brings all up the special offers and bin ends.

I think the search would work better if it included all valid discount coupons and points codes.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • Kentsavings
    Kentsavings Posts: 956 Forumite
    Works fine but not sure it does much more than tescos search?
    I love this site and all chums, but its making a dent in my bank account!!!

Have lots of things I want, but dont necessarily need... Must DO BETTER!!! :A
  • Works well with my limited knowledge of wine. Just remember there is a £5 delivery charge added, I presume it has to be delivered?

Blaxland Estate Shiraz on line price £4.74 per bottle + delivery..
    Instore 4.99 bottle..comparative postage then £3.50 difference. Save on postage..if Tesco local..Add a bit more get another one instore.
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quidco have 5% off Tesco Wine for the next five days.
  • adamg02
    adamg02 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Max price on the tool filter seems a bit off, maybe using a "less than", rather than "less than or equal too" expression

I searched for all bottles Max £4 in the tool, but it won't actually show the bottles that are available for £4 exactly.

(test search Red/55%/ £4 or £5, All /All / Discounted at £4 filter zero results, at £5 2 results, 1 @ £4/bottle La Capilla total £29 inc del and another @ £4.26/bottle.)

If I select a Max price, think I would expect to see bottles available at that price.
  • kizziedog
    kizziedog Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blaxland Estate Shiraz on line price £4.74 per bottle + delivery..
    Instore 4.99 bottle..comparative postage then £3.50 difference. Save on postage..if Tesco local..Add a bit more get another one instore.

Sorry Penysmakepounds but the apparent price difference is because you get a 5% discount for buying case quantities (6) instore. As you can't order on the website except in 6s they factor in an automatic 5% discount.
    So the price instore and online is the same. Except for a delivery charge which is free for deliveries over £99.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure