HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• Krzrgirl
    Krzrgirl Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I just wanted to post here tonight that I have sent off some of my broken gold jewellery to Hatton Garden Metals today (32g according to my digital kitchen scales). I will post again when I have more info and let you know how I get on.
    I am impartial in so far as I haven't been asked by HGM to post positive feedback, obviously, because they will not receive my package until tomorrow!
    I decided to use them after getting quotes elsewhere. If I don't like what they offer me, then I'll pay to have my jewellery returned and I will let you all know that too.
    A note to those few who think everyone who posts on here is a plant or coached in some way you can rest assured my post will be truthful and I hope helpful to those who are seriously wondering.
    Back soon - hopefully :-)
  • HIL_C
    HIL_C Posts: 1 Newbie
    I cannot recommend HGM highly enough. I have used them twice in the last week and they are extremely efficient and very easy to deal with. They contact you immediately if there is a discrepancy in the weight or quality of gold you have sent, and check what you want to do. I sent a mounted gold coin and hadn't realised that the mount was also gold, so was very pleased to see that they added this to the value. The money went into my account on the same day and I would have no hesitation in using them again.
  • I sent off my gold and silver yesterday afternoon (special delivery £5.50 covers up to £500). Had an email this am from Gary to say money in my Bank account. Brilliant service, first class company. Their website explains how to do it and its simple.
  • Krzrgirl
    Krzrgirl Posts: 24 Forumite
    Krzrgirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just wanted to post here tonight that I have sent off some of my broken gold jewellery to Hatton Garden Metals today (32g according to my digital kitchen scales). I will post again when I have more info and let you know how I get on.
    I am impartial in so far as I haven't been asked by HGM to post positive feedback, obviously, because they will not receive my package until tomorrow!
    I decided to use them after getting quotes elsewhere. If I don't like what they offer me, then I'll pay to have my jewellery returned and I will let you all know that too.
    A note to those few who think everyone who posts on here is a plant or coached in some way you can rest assured my post will be truthful and I hope helpful to those who are seriously wondering.
    Back soon - hopefully :-)

As promised, here's my update:
    I checked via Royal Mail that my package had been received.
    I logged in to my account on HGM's website at around noon & read that they had received my gold & tested it. They had rejected a pair of "gold" stud earrings as they were not actually gold. (Fine by me. No hallmark and very orangey looking, so I had my doubts!).
    They had weighed it at 30g.
    I received an email at 1.50pm that told me my gold had been valued at £303.50p (30g at £10.12/g) and a cheque had been put in the post to me. I opted for the payment to be paid by cheque because I would not put my bank details on a website that does not have the encrypted padlock and therefore possibly not secure.
    I shall update on receipt of the cheque :)
  • Was going to use Tesco gold service (£8ish per gram) then looked on MSE site and found Hatton's. Much better rate so I thought i'd give it a go. I'm always a little cynical/apprehensive about this kind of thing but am saving for my 'New car fund'. Sent off SD yesterday lunchtime, email received confirming value and the money is now in my bank account! Would highly recommend and would definately use again. :D
    (ps - the Tesco gold pack went straight in the bin (sorry Mr T.))
  • JayMB
    JayMB Posts: 1 Newbie
    Very happy with the service provided by Hatton Garden Metals, only had a bracelet, pair of a earrings and a couple of rings to sell. All light in weight, just bits left lying about in my jewelley box really. Sent them off by special delivery on the Fri and payment in my acct on the Monday. Would happily use them again.
  • We used these people 21st March. I weighed up all the old braclets and rings, stones included, and posted off special delivery as suggested.
    Talk about fast, we received a phone call from them the following day checking the bank details and when I checked today at 1600 hrs, the money waqs in the bank. Please with the amount, the weight was only a little less than my figure because of the stones in the rings
    I am very happy with the result. Although, I am wondering what would have happened if I did not accept their figure?
  • I sent a very small bag of old and broken gold jewellry yesterday afternoon and in less than 24 hours i had more than £200 in my account!! very pleased with the service and i will definately reccomend them.
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Must say their BACS payment system is excellent. Posted on Tuesday (special delivery). Paid Wednesday and in my account same day.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • Wayne3765
    Wayne3765 Posts: 631 Forumite
    I had a bit of scrap gold and silver to sell so I tried a few buyers in town yesterday, the best price I was quoted was £117.

Knowing the HGM price was higher I decided to try them out and had £142.55 paid into my bank account today.
    SIL 925ct: 29.40 @ £0.51 = £15.04
    GOLD 9ct: 12.60 @ £10.12 = £127.51

Total = £142.55
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family