from Extra Energy to Scottish Power

12346»

Comments

• hoof
    hoof Posts: 54 Forumite
    Phoned 0800 9534774 (per Rob_1973 above) this morning and EE still not in a position to advise when I will be receiving refund of the credit balance on my ExtraEnergy account. Basically it was "your credit due is safe; you will get it eventually via Scottish Power...but cannot say when...wait and see...."
    Hopefully we are talking weeks not months.....It's nearly 4 months since ExtraEnergy went out of business already.

I had a switch arranged before ExtraEnergy went bust that was completed in early December. I have contacted Scottish Power several times and they do have my basic details associated with Account Number...
    My parents were also with ExtraEnergy and moved across to Scottish Power but have switch in progress to get better value tariff.
    Fingers crossed that refunds to customers for credit balances are sorted soon.......
  • nkb21
    nkb21 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Still waiting for any news on EE refunds. Have run up a debt on SP's default tariff (which will likely use up EE credit) and now moved to EDF. Just want to get all these loose ends tied up, paid off and put to bed now - it's so tedious.
  • rob_1973
    rob_1973 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Todays update:
    Online account showing it's still being set up.
    5/4/19, £52.09 taken from account as first payment, should have been £103.18. These people are useless. I've escalated things to the complaints department now as I've had enough.
    So, this is how it went:
    £2 taken from account on 5/2/2019
    £2 taken from account on 5/3/2019
    Was told these were tester payments and the money will have gone back in. Lies! These payments have not been refunded.
    Agreed monthly payment was £103.18 per month so when I asked how much I owed they said £417. (4 x £103.18 = £412.72 so not sure where the rest has come from as I'm on a fixed tariff).
    £52.09 taken from account on £5/4/2019, should have been £103.18.
    Today I've cancelled my direct debit with them and initiated a switch via u switch to Eon. I simply could not take anymore. I've contacted SP numerous times and got nowhere. I still don't know if I'll ever get my credit from EE but enough is enough. SP are useless and untrustworthy. Nearly 5 months and accounts are still up in the air.
    My advice is get out now. I'm sure when they send my final bill through they wont want to wait 5 months for me to pay it.
  • Mark_F
    Mark_F Posts: 57 Forumite
    I spoke to the administrators of Extra Energy today andthey tell me that some final bills have been sent out and that the balance will be sent out this week.
    They say that the credits due will be handed to Scottish Power this week and either credited to SP accounts or else a cheque will be raised if the customer has left SP.

Sorry to be cynical but I’m not hopeful.
  • Mark_F
    I was right to be cynical- no word from the sdministrator or Scottish Power.
    No announcements and no communication, what a shambles!
  • deanparkr
    deanparkr Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I finally managed to get my DD set up and sorted out with SP so at least i'm now paying something and not racking up large bill.

Spoke with SP about 2 weeks ago and they said there is no ETA at all on Extra Energy credits :/
  • Mark_F
    Deanparkr
    "I finally managed to get my DD set up and sorted out with SP so at least i'm now paying something and not racking up large bill."

Not sure what tariff but you don't want to stay on the one SP put you initially which will almost certainly be the standard basic tariff which is up to 30% more than their cheaper, fixed ones.

I switched from one SP tariff to another via Money Supermarket and will have a fixed rate until May 2020 and save £350 per annum.In addition I got £25 cash back, even though I didn't actually change suppliers.

Don't look at the SP website to compare tariffs- this one was not shown on it.
  • nkb21
    nkb21 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Finally recieved final bill from EE (via email from Scottish Power) indicating I'm in credit for just over £100. That seems about right. Its showing as credited to my SP account despite the fact I moved from them to EDF a few months ago, but SP have messed about so much issuing then re-issuing final bills for energy I used whilst with them for the few months, they've ended up taking more from me via DD than I used. As such, now got a circa £300 credit with SP, which I expect to receive credited back to my bank account within 30 days.

Might almost be at the end of this arduous affair.
  • Hi guys,

I normally pay around £200 for my electric with EE, a few days before they went bust they took out just over £1000 DD payment, by the time I called they went bust. SP told me once the account is fully set up I will receive the credit, still not had that.
    I switched in Jan 19 to another supplier (at this moment, I haven't paid SP anything as they haven't generated any bills yet). Around March I receive a bill from SP telling me to pay them £900 for the bill, but this was wrong as the meter readings did not add up and they asked me to send my current bills so they can estimate the amount I might have used. I sent over the email in March 19 and they told me they will deal with it. Fast forward to June 19 and I get debt collector letters and SP tell me to ignore it, so I did. Fast forward to Nov 19, I get letters from SP threatening to put default on my name, I called and complained and the complaint handler said he has removed the warning and is investigating what is going on. He also asked me to tell my new supplier to provide SP with an opening read bill from Network grid or something and I contacted British Gas Lite and they sent it over to them in Jan 19 when I switched and again when I told him. Fast forward to now Jan 20, I get a letter informing me that a default has been placed on my account.

What do I do?
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What do I do?
    As they've had more than eight weeks to deal with it you can go straight to the ombudsman. However, a letter headed COMPLAINT - LETTER BEFORE ACTION posted to SP's CEO might concentrate minds wonderfully.

You can find out his contact details at the ceoemail website, which has a dot com URL.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure