George

Such good value for littlies:D

7_BE310_EC-67_A1-41_F7-96_A3-_A40151941_B42.png
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?

I use washing up water to water anything from fuchsias to tomatoes, the detergent acts as a softener and enables the water to get into the soil quicker. Never had any problem, but not actually used bath water, would be rather hard work getting it downstairs.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

It's sunny and hot here again today :-).

The Gweggs free salad worked for me. I bought two baguettes and a Ribena using a £5 AP voucher, then paying the rest with the Gweggs app as I had some money on there. Later that day I got a notification about the free salad. You definitely have to scan your Gweggs app, but I don't know if you have to pay using it. It doesn't say that you do in the blurb, it just says that you have to scan it.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Put the min/max thermometer on my bedside table last night and it recorded 77.1-79.5! (25-26.4 in new money). That is with a bowl of ice cubes in the room.

Have avoided planting bedding plants so far this year as we were away for nearly 3 weeks; now I'm thinking there is no point until the weather breaks. I wonder when is too early for Winter Pansies??

My garden has never looked so colourful! I've got pansies, geraniums, snapdragons and stocks in as well as some other random stuff and it looks amazing! My sweet peas suddenly all fell off the other day though :(

Mine have had plenty of watering though so thats probably not much help
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D:D:D:D

No rain here

Lots of big smiley sarcastic faces as Fourp is having chest pain & trouble breathing so is at Drs having an ECG

anything else?
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?

All bar one of my water butts are nearly empty :eek: Its not *too* bad on the allotments because there is water there but in my garden i have a lot of plants in pots like that are ericacious soil based and need rain water

I have visions of people using hosepipes to siphon bath water out to their gardens :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    27C here at the moment. FB tells me we are getting rain. Beeb says no rain. Which willl it be :cool: Feels more comfortable compared to last 2 weeks anyhow or perhaps Im more acclimatised to it lol .

Only watering 2 raspberry canes I bought last december from a garden centre due to the Amex offer. Put a few potted strawberry plants nearby so they get watered same time. Got one hollyhock flowering for the first time this year, so spashing a bit of water on that too. Rest of garden all dried up but is mostly strawberry plants and grass, so maybe will spring back into life when we finally get some rain. Not sure re strawberry plants. They seem to sprout babies willingly but not sure how they fare in a drought. :eek:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :(

Off to hospital with Fourp

Bestest Llovelies - chaos here xx
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    All bar one of my water butts are nearly empty :eek: Its not *too* bad on the allotments because there is water there but in my garden i have a lot of plants in pots like that are ericacious soil based and need rain water

I have visions of people using hosepipes to siphon bath water out to their gardens :rotfl:

In theory we could do this as our bathroom is downstairs, run a hosepipe out of the window and then straight onto the garden or into various storage boxes.
    Apparently in very dry areas of Spain they shower standing in one of those big flexey water buckets. Then in that water they hand wash the days washing - I imagine at least underwear socks and vests etc. Finally the water is used for the garden - a very econonomical use of water.

Now I am thinking that you can get devices for camping showers so if you could set one of those up - obvious in swimwear so as not to frightened the neighbours :rotfl: Again standing in a big flexy bucket so you can wash the smalls and then water the garden :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

OMG, last night was the worst nights sleep in this heat I have ever had, even the dog was pacing/wobbling last night, I ended up taking him out at 1.30 just to try and cool down a bit, but it was still hot out at that time.

Middle of the night walking is a great idea - did you meet anyone else walking about with their dogs?

Ronnie cat, very black and tufty decided I was his best mum last night and spent the entire night with me - you do not want a very hairy tom cat cuddling up and sleeping with you in this heat :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure