Credit file, IVA & GDPR SAR

Hi all, I came out of an Iva three years ago and am nicely building my credit score back up. Problem is I have one creditor who won’t remove the now settled account from my credit file. I’ve spoken with them and they claim to have never received the certificate of satisfaction from my Iva practitioner. In addition they are saying they can’t locate my account details! So I’ve been back to Iva arrangement co and they’ve emailed me a copy of certificate which I’ve forwarded to the company stuck on the credit file. I have two questions , firstly does anyone know if this is even up to me to do? Surely the certificate would have been sent too all parties upon Iva completion? And secondly I plan to do a subject access request on the company, does mse have templates for these? Apologies if these are in wrong area of forum! Thank in advance for any help. Steve

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 July 2018 at 7:20PM
    stevenm37 wrote: »
    Hi all, I came out of an Iva three years ago and am nicely building my credit [STRIKE]score[/STRIKE] history back up. Problem is I have one creditor who won!!!8217;t remove the now settled account from my credit file. I!!!8217;ve spoken with them and they claim to have never received the certificate of satisfaction from my Iva practitioner. In addition they are saying they can!!!8217;t locate my account details! So I!!!8217;ve been back to Iva arrangement co and they!!!8217;ve emailed me a copy of certificate which I!!!8217;ve forwarded to the company stuck on the credit file. I have two questions , firstly does anyone know if this is even up to me to do? Surely the certificate would have been sent too all parties upon Iva completion? And secondly I plan to do a subject access request on the company, does mse have templates for these? Apologies if these are in wrong area of forum! Thank in advance for any help. Steve

Fixed that for you.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    The information on your credit file should be updated, although my understanding is it won't completely disappear, until the 6yr period expires.

More info here
    https://moneyaware.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-clean-up-your-credit-file-after-an-iva/

For the SAR, take a look at this link, it should give you some guidance although I didn't see a template.
    https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family