Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Good luck for tonight, I hope it goes well.

Just want to say I'm glad I didn't offend you. Well done on what you've done so far remember it does take a while to get to the point it works for you x
  • jemreading
    Options
    Thanks Hidden!

We do normally sit and discuss every once in a while but my OH gets very defensive over his fiances and sometimes it takes a lot for him to be honest about his!

Thanks, I’m adjusting budgets and looking at spendings again. The October to December period is a hard time to nail a budget down as a lot more socials happen due to Christmas! X
  • jemreading
    Options
    I had the finance talk with my OH. I actually got together a whole word document and we ticked off all the points in an hour talk.

We have both came to the same conclusion that paying off debt was important and our top priority. We have said if we have a strict budget until the end of the year we can both be debt free by Januray pay (25th Jan). This means not too expensive Christmas, no more booking holidays and no extravagant social spending.

We also decided that next year, we are both going to be saving the same amount into a joint account (£500) have separate savings and have £50 a month in a dedicated holiday pot.

My savings pot is going to be small (£50 per month) but it will be a start.

I also need to figure out a way to increase my income - any suggestions are welcome!
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Re Income boost haha i am the guy lol have a read of these links

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys

Market research surveys is a good way to boost income i average around 10-20 pw week income some months its more but on the whole around that.

Join these sites

Opinion Outpost.co.uk
    Opiniumresearch
    Onepoll.com
    ProlificAcademic
    Powerofopinions
    Yougov
    and populuslive.
    Swagbucks
    minglerespondi

Other guys on the bored my recommend others but trust me 4 years of doing this these are the most reliable.

Just to give an example i am waiting on 7.50 from Prolific, I have just dropped 2.50 from opinion outpost and i have another site that is near dropping for 25quid. Its not loads but every bit helps.

Other advice is join topcashback.co.uk and anything you buy online try top cashback first, free money is there for a bit time and patients see my signature. Avoid Quidco!

Last year the total i earned 1400 in cashback and surveys.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • jemreading
    Options
    Thanks Scott! I’ll check a few more out.

I’m already on prolific academic and onepoll and I already have a top cash back account.

I don’t get that many surveys on prolific academic and I find the onepoll one hard to stick with due to the 10p payouts per questionnaire! I think I’m going to try and set some time aside and go back through them.

Just waiting for some to come through from topcash back and I’m near the £5 payout for prolific, think I need 80p!!
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    With pa the surveys can pop up any time i find i just check it as much as poss.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Ha, I think I jinxed myself. I checked this afternoon and I had two pop up! One was worth £3 as well so I did it during my lunch break. I’ve reached the cash out point on it now, so need to think when is a good time to take the money
  • jemreading
    Options
    I spent £4 on football yesterday, the £1 change from a £5 note went into the jar.

Today should be a no spend day, I have my lunch with me and I don’t need to buy anything. The weekend may be expensive, we are off to a wedding tomorrow. I have £30 and will need to get: dinner the night before and a few drinks on the wedding day. The money should stretch!

Keeping an eye out for surveys and my topcashback account.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    With pa a lot of the guys tend to wait till they hit the 20 mark i tend to just drop the money as soon as i can. PA tend to pay out either a tuesdsy or friday from experience.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I will probably do the same re money from surveys, I'm sure it's not going to happen but I don't want to run the risk of losing the money.

Only half day at work today :j as we have to travel 100 miles as we have a wedding tomorrow and a drive back on Sunday. Hotel is all paid for, we also get breakfast on the Sunday morning and obviously food all day at the Wedding (wedding breakfast and buffet!)

I got me and my OH a porridge pot for the wedding morning.. the Tesco own one for 55p each rather than a breakfast at a Travelodge for £8.99!!!

Just need to get food for this evening but my OH said we are going to meet the groom/bridal party at a pub so hoping it means cheap pub food.

I'm aiming for £10 tonight on dinner and then £20 at the wedding for drinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure