Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Comments

• Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds good. I shall be watching attentively ready to switch. My only hesitancy to do so now is because the lad on the live chat didn't even have a clue about this, nor did he know what was stated on the Bulb website. I will certainly be jumping ship from SP when they do.
  • philthunder
    philthunder Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January 2018 at 12:26PM
    :eek:
    I have been with Bulb for 8 months now and have yet to get a correct bill. So 10 bills, two corrected, (and they were still wrong), I have just about given up. Gas calorific calculation wrong, usage calculations a few pence dearer, meter readings taken to the wrong reading. I need a hot line to the "NO" Help Desk. Yes they answer promptly, but what is the use of that if they are useless at what they do. Their usual answer is "yes we bill at 4 decimal places but only show pricing at 2". But even calculating to the 4 decimal places they are still wrong!
    To be fair they did offer £10 compensation, not much considering I have to check their every calculation.
    NOW they are asking for the 1/10Kw reading off the meter, another excuse to round the figures up? No other utility company has asked for this reading!

The charges shown for Bulb on the comparison site are different to what I am charged!
    My bill Vari-Fair
    Electricity Bulb 11.9729p S/charge 23.39p
    Gas Bulb 2.5008p S/charge 23.39p
    Dual fuel Discount £14.29 each
    Bulbs Vari-Fair Web figures
    Electricity 12.572p S/charge 24.56p
    Gas 26.26p S/charge 24.56p
    Dual Fuel Discount £15 each

Altogether I would not recommend this company, unless you like maths and a good argument every month. :rotfl:
  • :eek:
    I have been with Bulb for 8 months now and have yet to get a correct bill. So 10 bills, two corrected, (and they were still wrong), I have just about given up. Gas calorific calculation wrong, usage calculations a few pence dearer, meter readings taken to the wrong reading. I need a hot line to the "NO" Help Desk. Yes they answer promptly, but what is the use of that if they are useless at what they do. Their usual answer is "yes we bill at 4 decimal places but only show pricing at 2". But even calculating to the 4 decimal places they are still wrong!
    To be fair they did offer £10 compensation, not much considering I have to check their every calculation.
    NOW they are asking for the 1/10Kw reading off the meter, another excuse to round the figures up? No other utility company has asked for this reading!

The charges shown for Bulb on the comparison site are different to what I am charged!
    My bill Vari-Fair
    Electricity Bulb 11.9729p S/charge 23.39p
    Gas Bulb 2.5008p S/charge 23.39p
    Dual fuel Discount £14.29 each
    Bulbs Vari-Fair Web figures
    Electricity 12.572p S/charge 24.56p
    Gas 26.26p S/charge 24.56p
    Dual Fuel Discount £15 each

Altogether I would not recommend this company, unless you like maths and a good argument every month. :rotfl:

Have you not factored 5% VAT in the figures you quote?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Philthunder's thread and lots of replies here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5752997

He adsmits in post#13 from last month he has failed to take account of VAT, yet still seems to be banging on about it in this thread now

Another one I will wish Good Luck to...
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 January 2018 at 6:09PM
    Been with Bulb for just over a year now, and still very happy with them, from the point of the switch onwards they have been extremely helpful and easy to deal with.:)
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I switched to Bulb on the 5th of Jan, but i've just had a bill from my old supplier (Gnergy) up to including the 15th, and I'm yet to have a final statement from Gnergy. Do i speak to Bulb or Gnergy to sort this? Helpfully, neither are available on a weekend.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 5:31PM
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I switched to Bulb on the 5th of Jan, but i've just had a bill from my old supplier (Gnergy) up to including the 15th, and I'm yet to have a final statement from Gnergy. Do i speak to Bulb or Gnergy to sort this? Helpfully, neither are available on a weekend.

The gaining supplier is responsible for managing all aspects of a switch. On switch all meter readings go to a third party for verification. This process can take up to 10 days. The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer to raise a Final Bill. I suspect that the bill of the 15th is just your old supplier’s normal billing cycle: it will not close your account until it is notified that their has been a successful transfer of supply. This billing error will be rectified when your final bill is raised. You will know when your meter readings have been verified once your online account with Bulb goes live and an opening meter reading is showing on the account.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    The gaining supplier is responsible for managing all aspects of a switch. On switch all meter readings go to a third party for verification. This process can take up to 10 days. The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer to raise a Final Bill. I suspect that the bill of the 15th is just your old supplier’s normal billing cycle: it will not close your account until it is notified that their has been a successful transfer of supply. This billing error will be rectified when your final bill is raised. You will know when your meter readings have been verified once your online account with Bulb goes live and an opening meter reading is showing on the account.

My Bulb account is live and I have opening readings showing.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lungboy wrote: »
    My Bulb account is live and I have opening readings showing.

Then by all means have a conversation with your old supplier but my guess is that you will be fobbed off as a lot of small suppliers are playing the 6 week regulation to the day to maximise their cash flow. If I recall, Bulb mentions old supplier final billing in its Welcome Pack.
  • Have just switched to Bulb and its the quickest and easiest switch i've done. They kept in contact through the whole process and so far really happy with them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback