Woking BR to Premier Inn info please.

Options
We would normally use rail/coach service to Heathrow from Weymouth, but this year, we are travelling at a different time of day which means an overnight stay at Premier Inn before flight.

From Woking Station, we need to get to the Heathrow Longford T5 hotel 420 Bath Rd.

I know there is a Bus service 423 from the premier to T5 (stand 6) every 15 mins, but don't know the route we will need to take from Woking Rail to Premier.

If there isn't one, maybe we should use the coachlink service to Heathrow then bus back to Premier?.

Hope this make sense and thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a direct bus from Woking to Heathrow. National Express service 701

http://www.nationalexpress.com/routes/woking-to-heathrow.aspx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    There is a direct bus from Woking to Heathrow. National Express service 701

http://www.nationalexpress.com/routes/woking-to-heathrow.aspx

Yes, thanks for the number of it. We would normally use it as part of the rail/coach to airport run. But this time we don't need to get to the airport till the following morning, hence our overnight stay at Premier. That is why I wondered if we could bus from BR to Premier.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Options
    I think your best bet is to get the railair bus and then use a local route 423 bus to the hotel. This is free as it is within the airport zone - don't pay for a Hoppa bus.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/premier_inn_terminal5_lhr.html
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Options
    islandman wrote: »
    Yes, thanks for the number of it. We would normally use it as part of the rail/coach to airport run. But this time we don't need to get to the airport till the following morning, hence our overnight stay at Premier. That is why I wondered if we could bus from BR to Premier.

Not directly. Google Maps suggestion of the route: https://goo.gl/maps/7wqaZiHFLks avoiding changing at airport itself. As above, the bus along the Bath Road will be free.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    I think your best bet is to get the railair bus and then use a local route 423 bus to the hotel. This is free as it is within the airport zone - don't pay for a Hoppa bus.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/premier_inn_terminal5_lhr.html

In fairness to the Hoppa they take you direct to the front door so depending on the mobility, the weather at the time of travelling & whether there are any children involved, the cost may be worth it.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    In fairness to the Hoppa they take you direct to the front door so depending on the mobility, the weather at the time of travelling & whether there are any children involved, the cost may be worth it.

And heavy luggage which a lot of people forget which may mean the hoppa is better than a local bus, and cheaper than a cab.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

423 drops off directly outside the PI and goes back to T5 from directly opposite.
    harz99 wrote: »
    And heavy luggage which a lot of people forget which may mean the hoppa is better than a local bus, and cheaper than a cab.
    Plenty of room for luggage on 423 and you can pretty much roll it onboard from the kerb.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • System
    Options
    You have each presented me with the information required, thanks you.

My wife walks with a mobility walker and we will have cabin luggage only. (if I have my way), as we leave clothes at our daughters for each visit.

I will write down all of the information presented and use. thanks again.
  • System
    Options
    Op here. Return journey slightly inconvenienced by rail strike but, we stay overnight at Premier Inn Longford T5. We have to get to Central bus station to get the 701,service to Woking Station. But is, the Central bus station at t5, and if not, how do we get to it please.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The 701 calls at Terminal 5 , the bus stop is outside the arrivals hall on the ground floor, there is no need to go to the Central Bus Station to pick it up at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure