IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IPC and BPA confusion - shows both - online appeal error HELP!

Options
2»

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    agreed

so if you wish to know who owns the land , pay the LAND REGISTRY a few quid and they will tell you

nobody said it would be easy , and yes they do get away with a lot of stuff we dont like , ask BARRY BEAVIS as he spent 2 years fighting them all in various courts

complain to your MP and ask him or her to support the private members bill going through parliament

this is why we encourage people like yourself to be more proactive , instead of being reactive
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Usually people go into the Store in person, with the PCN (and any receipt) and publicly but politely, at the CS desk, fairly loudly ask the Manager to cancel it or the family will never darken their doors again.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    while you await the replies ....

try leaving poor / bad feedback on tripadvisor / faceace and the like ...

and as mentioned ...

It may help to try your MP

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

let here know that there have been many complaints about this car park scam

he/ she may well help intervene

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Torosaurus1
    Options
    Some good advice, thank you!!

I have finally received a reply, they have said if i send in the bank statement they will see to it that it is cancelled. This is through one of the joint landowners.

My question now, if i omit my personal details on the bank statement will they say it doesn't show proof as could be from anyone? But at the same time, giving my bank statement un-redacted will have my name and address, thus showing G24 who the driver was?

Sorry to ask yet another question!!!!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    redact it , scan it or take a pic , and email it through , saying the unredacted original will be shown to a judge in court if it gets that far

you can leave the address on, they already have that
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do as Redx says ....... if they don't like it, it's a simple case
    of turning up in court to discover you are telling the truth
    A judge will tell them
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    Options
    You need to do everything you can to get this killed off now, otherwise you will be saddled with up to 6 years of crap. If the landowner is basically telling G24, that on receipt of a bank statement showing proof of your on-site transactions they are to cancel it, I wouldn’t make it too easy for them to turn around and say the lack of details means they won’t do so.

They already have your name and address, seeing it again on a bank statement doesn’t make you the driver. Anyone could have been driving your car with you as a passenger, you went into the shop, made the purchase which now shows on your statement. So there is no way that a legitimate inference about who the driver was could be possibly made. And in any event, it’s only G24, hardly a PPC to be overly concerned about. Never done a court case in their life. With the landowner already backing you up, there’s no way in the world that G24 will be popping their court cherry with your case!

By all means redact your bank account number and sort code. Redact any other transactions on the statement that do not apply to the specific parking event.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Torosaurus1
    Options
    Well I sent a redacted copy and they accepted that, today the landowners secretary has emailed to say it has been waived and they will send me a confirmation letter! Fingers crossed this is the end of it!
    Can't thank you enough for all your help!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I sent a redacted copy and they accepted that, today the landowners secretary has emailed to say it has been waived and they will send me a confirmation letter! Fingers crossed this is the end of it!
    Can't thank you enough for all your help!

Well done, but it is not over until G24 say it is over. However, they would be stupid to try court with a landowner cancellation in your evidence pack.

If you don't hear anything from G24 in the next week or so, or they try to pursue this further, send them a copy of the cancellation from the landowner and ask them to cease and desist.

Make sure you complain to your MP that genuine customers are being penalised by these unregulated scammers, and you expect him/her to support the private members bill mentioned earlier, or you and your family will be voting for another party that actually cares about this.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business