buyer was the scammer

13»

Comments

• ok thanks all i will get him to report it to action fraud asap.
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    ok thanks all i will get him to report it to action fraud asap.

And read the post again, it's not just about reporting it to AF.
  • Moogles44
    Moogles44 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I will admit that I haven't read every post before I get jumped on, sorry.

How have you got on with it? Have you challenged dispute decision or been able to add photos to the dispute of what actually arrived . I know it's being a bit stalky but I have won doing this , google that person ( I have found a picture of someone on an evening out wearing an " unworn" return of mine, and won case with that) see if they have posted pictures on Instagram or Facebook or wherever of them with their new drone.

I know I get pummelled every time I say it but actually ring PayPal and explain what has happened to them. Every time I ring they are so helpful and have a lot of common sense whereas I feel I'm banging my head against a wall with eBay , especially when my call is sent to the out of uk call centre .

My son got a MacBook back in an eBay transaction that was left with a neighbour who said he knew nothing about it and I'm sure police did get involved by his persistent buyer on that one. It did help that he had the serial number. Do drones have them and have you got it?

Ring PayPal and obviously be polite and nice, they are usually very good . Let us know how you get on.
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
  • And read the post again, it's not just about reporting it to AF.

i have. it's already escalated to ebay with messages sent to the buyer and pictures of the package have been provided. they are not being helpful but hopefully once it's reported to AF, they may take more notice.
  • theonlywayisup
    i have. it's already escalated to ebay with messages sent to the buyer and pictures of the package have been provided. they are not being helpful but hopefully once it's reported to AF, they may take more notice.

You should have reported to AF BEFORE you escalated the appeal to eBay. Hopefully it goes well.
  • You should have reported to AF BEFORE you escalated the appeal to eBay. Hopefully it goes well.

i'm not the seller. seller is dad of a close friend who is rather naive when it comes to most technology. but will know for the future.
  • theonlywayisup
    i'm not the seller. seller is dad of a close friend who is rather naive when it comes to most technology. but will know for the future.

Yes, sorry I forgot the OP said it was a friend.

Ask your friend to let eBay know you are awaiting an Action Fraud report number - otherwise they may close the appeal too early and you can't reopen it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure