Equifax knows nothing about me (solved)

ywlgy
ywlgy Posts: 146 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 15 June 2018 at 8:19PM in Credit file & ratings
Hi all,

I tried to get my credit reports from all CRAs. I have done the Noddle and MSE credit expert. Their information about me is all correct.

There is a problem with Equifax. The Clearscore and CreditWise couldn't find my report. So I tried to buy a £2 report from Equifax directly. After ID verification process, I was given an almost empty report. No credit agreements at all! That explains why Clearscore could not find me.

I can see all the searches done in the last year. Just the credit agreement part is missing.

I have queried Equifax about this. Anything else I should do? Can anyone also confirm Barclays report current account to Equifax and Aqua report CC to them?

Thanks.

PS: Equifax made three £2 pending transactions, which is rather confusing. I am waiting the extra two to disappear.

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Yes Barclays and Aqua report to Equifax.

If you want your bank account(s), mobile phone contract, credit card(s) etc. to appear on your Equifax report then you need to write to each lender separately and ask that they start reporting your data to Equifax.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • ywlgy
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Yes Barclays and Aqua report to Equifax.

If you want your bank account(s), mobile phone contract, credit card(s) etc. to appear on your Equifax report then you need to write to each lender separately and ask that they start reporting your data to Equifax.
    Shouldn't they automatically report to Equifax like they did to Experian and CallCredit?
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ywlgy wrote: »
    Shouldn't they automatically report to Equifax like they did to Experian and CallCredit?

It can depend on a lot of factors. If your accounts are very old (i.e over 20 years) then reporting to the CRAs is not an automatic process as they would need your permission to do so. Or could be that they may only report to Experian and Call Credit for certain products (e.g. loans and not credit cards) and Equifax for other products. Or could just even be an error at the lender's end. Who knows.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • ywlgy
    edited 26 April 2018 at 7:57PM
    The possibility of both lenders having fault at the same time makes me feel it is Equifax's problem.

BTW, Equifax's system is quite bad. Nearly half of flats in my building are missing in their address finder. And this triple charge problem. they seem not very professional when compared with others
  • ywlgy
    edited 27 April 2018 at 9:55PM
    Well, Equifax replied today that I have to do all the investigation and query the banks.

I have to supply them the account number, which is different from the account number I know. I can only see last 4 digits of this in Call Credit report. I wonder will Barclays and Aqua be willing to give me this.

Now I am getting reluctant to do this because of all this fuss. It took Noddle about 2 months to get my report (I did nothing, it just showed up), maybe the same thing will apply to Equifax?
  • ywlgy
    After giving Equifax lender name, account type, account number and account opening date, they found all my accounts in 2 weeks. Now i have an accurate Equifax report.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure