Fischer Storage Heaters

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    Fischer, so desperate for a sale that they even call back when told unequivocally no. It must kill them to not get a sale, especially when they got so close.
    They don't even say their last name or company name when they call, talking to you like you have been friends since child hood. Of course, they know everything about you, since they researched you before the first visit, and then looked in every room of your house, and asked all about your family and life in the hours they spent glued to your dining room chair.

Do we take it that your Posts #287, #288# & #289 are quotes from ????
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Wow, these posts have stayed around longer than I was expecting!

Guess the FischerBots have not been on to MSE towers yet.
  • Cardew wrote: »
    Do we take it that your Posts #287, #288# & #289 are quotes from ????

From their web site....
  • lstar337 wrote: »

I too was surprised to see them still up in light of the company's history. However, the posts are factual first hand experiences of clients and potential clients so they should remain.
  • Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2014 at 1:39PM
    lstar337 wrote: »

TBF....I think they know they have problems with the whole concept and their claims. Hopefully they will read this site and all our input to create a brochure that makes more sense.
  • Gosh, sounds like a spammer...

These are letters from satisfied customers on the Fischer website..all of them very happy that the heaters look good and the installers cleaned up after themselves.
  • Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2014 at 2:56PM
    In the event that Fischer reads these posts, here is some advice they might like to use when making a new brochure:

It would avoid confusion if they called the heater what it is, not what they think the customer wants, ie, radiator, convector, storage or night storage. The posts on this forum made by engineers will explain what they believe this product to be. You can not be all things to all people. We are all curious to understand the technology involved, please help us to understand it.

An in home visit is not really necessary.We can email you the room size. We won't cheat., we want it to work efficiently. We will tell you where the windows are also, if need be.

If you are going to market the product as energy saving, does that means the electricity consumed or the amount of the bills? It would be nice to see comparison bills. If not, then best not to mention any savings. This means they can not be compared with night storage heaters if they are not actually night storage heaters, which leads us to the next point.

And remember, your heaters may not be ideal for everyone, no matter how innovative they are. Traditional night storage heaters are popular in our damp British climate.They provide ambience, keep the home and furnishings fee of mould and cosy for a pet. A little heat coming out all the time stops the damp and pipes freezing and eliminates that unlived in feeling without great cost using the night rates.

It would behoove you to have a price list. No one expects anything for free and we in UK are used to paying a lot for everything, but we do need to know a price.

I do not know your mark up, and course you have to make a profit, but if you keep in line with heaters that behave similarly you can use that to better market the heaters.

An engineer is an engineer and a salesman is a salesman. Please recognize the difference. Send an engineer out to survey the home, but don't have him become a salesman an hour later. One or the other.

A good product and a fair price is all you need. We need heaters in this cool/damp climate. Overzealous salesmen are not needed to sell a good, well priced product. People like to think things through before they buy something above a certain price. Pushing the sale can have the reverse effect.

Please do think about our elderly, they are now vulnerable people, with old fashioned manners and their frailty may make them feel too embarrassed to say no to something they can not really afford. You will be old one day and will appreciate this curtesy.

The engineers and contributors to this post have done all the work for you. If you did not know what your product was before, you do now. Good luck!

Everything is from my personal experiences, any advice is meant to be constructive and helpful to the company and its clients and in good faith.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It is happening all across the forum for me today. Jumbled posts and lots of threads that just say 'Money Saving Expert'.

Must be gremlins in the forum!
  • tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    Just wondering, if you invite an engineer and get a salesman, is that not cold calling.
  • lstar337 wrote: »
    It is happening all across the forum for me today. Jumbled posts and lots of threads that just say 'Money Saving Expert'.

Must be gremlins in the forum!
    It was a by-product of the Forum Team's efforts to eliminate kitchen [STRIKE]spam[/STRIKE] obscenities.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport