should I fight this CIFAS fraud marker?

Comments

• Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    london-dog wrote: »
    otherwise why give the third party all their details to contact them
    Because you didn't think it through in heat of the moment? Same way why it seemed like a good idea to not disclose it to the bank in the first place.

But there really is no reason to cry over spilled milk, just arrange a sit-down with the bank fellas and see if you can negotiate your way out of this. Don't be surprised if you can't.
  • fusionx212
    fusionx212 Posts: 327 Forumite
    Arleen wrote: »
    Because you didn't think it through in heat of the moment? Same way why it seemed like a good idea to not disclose it to the bank in the first place.

But there really is no reason to cry over spilled milk, just arrange a sit-down with the bank fellas and see if you can negotiate your way out of this. Don't be surprised if you can't.

ever helpful as per usual Arleen, i've seen a few of your posts and all have the same tone to them.

OP you can challenge it if you feel it's incorrect follow the processes. all you can do is ask.
  • Hi,

What was the outcome of your situation?

Thanks
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hi,

What was the outcome of your situation?

Thanks

I doubt you'll get a reply as this thread is nearly a year old and OP hasn't logged in since.

If you have a question, you'd be better off starting your own thread for advice.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • london-dog
    london-dog Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello all - a blast from a past this, but if I contest this one (just been so busy I never did in the end) and the bank refuse, following CIFAS themselves, failing taking it to court who would I go to escalate the matter? Is it the FCA, the Financial Ombudsman?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    FOS.

FCA doesn't deal with customer compaints.
  • london-dog
    Hello all

So I have received an update from the lender - they have confirmed that they have removed the marker.

How do I check it's definitely off though, rather than taking their word for it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You'd check your credit files.
  • london-dog
    I'm gonna do a SAR to CIFAS and see if it's been done!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Experian, Equifax and Clearscore all show if you have a CIFAS just by going on your credit report
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure