Third party Loss Adjuster only offering to pay 1/2 costs

My property has been damaged by neighbouring trees, on land owned by a business.
After months of debate, their loss adjuster has offered to pay only a fraction (well, about 50%) of the cost of carrying out repairs.
I provided quotations which are much higher than the figure they have quoted, as a maximum.
I even asked them if they had this figure in mind, could they give me a name of a builder who could do it at that price, they simply replied saying they do not offer this sort of information.
What can i do ?
I have never had to get a car repaired (touching wood) but I know in that sort of case the insurance company will take the car away to their chosen garage, carry out the repairs and that's that.

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What parts of your home have been damaged?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think you need to have your own structural surveyor provide a report. Have you spoken to your own insurance company? They should be able to help - especially if you have legal cover.
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dacouch wrote: »
    What parts of your home have been damaged?

garage wall
    LadyDee wrote: »
    I think you need to have your own structural surveyor provide a report. Have you spoken to your own insurance company? They should be able to help - especially if you have legal cover.

No insurance, as I own an extra garage which is not actually at my home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport