Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigfer wrote: »

i now have the moral dilemma of returning the overpayment......hahahahahahahahahaha.......

I wouldn’t spend it too quickly. The supplier has 6 years in which to make a claim against you for repayment. I suspect that you already know this.
  • bigfer
    bigfer Posts: 319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    actually i did not, however given their total inability to maintain correct records, correspondence and general incompetance, i doubt they will be able to find their backsides with both hands and sat nav, let alone an overpayment from a year ago.

the money is available to them.......hahahahahahah
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Options
    bigfer wrote: »
    just a quick update on my refund back via greenstarenergy. i decided to email ofgem as suggested above. they declined to intervene (spineless waste of skin), however greenstar rang me 5th may and said my refund would be with me within 7 working days.....and it was.....completely the wrong amount......but over 200 quid in my favour!! i even sent them the final bill from future energy to them on two previous occasions.

it just goes to show, these energy companies are either so clueless they go out of business or are having our eyes out to such an extent they can write off over 200 quid on a billing error......utter shambles.

so lesson learned, i will now underestimate my meter readings, such that i owe them and then settle up when i change supplier.

i now have the moral dilemma of returning the overpayment......hahahahahahahahahaha.......

I reckon they (Future Energy) have no clue how much they owe people or how much people owe them. Their website was down for months before they went under - no bills were produced in that time iirc. I reckon they're guessing.
  • Datchet
    Datchet Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Same situation here - future energy went bust, Green Star, who are a shower, were credited with my balance then paid it all back to FE administrators, contrary to OFGEM Customer levy. Green Star are bloody liars and are making up a series of excuses and stone-walling me. I am awaiting a deadlock form and will be going via OFGEM to claim the balance back - Apparently they have a record of FE administrators.

Very unsatisfactory
    "Is it that the future is so uncertain, the present so traumatic that we find the past so secure? " Spike Milligan
  • apnorf
    apnorf Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2018 at 3:35PM
    Options
    I got a letter from Green Star stating that I was owed £55 from my Future Energy account and that I should contact them by either email or phone. I emailed them a while back and a few days ago I got a reply basically saying they couldn't deal with the problem by email and I should phone them. I called them and was asked to provide the final bill, I told them there had been no bills for MONTHS. The bloke said the Administrators were starting to contact former customers and would email me my final bill and I should send a copy to them (Green Star) and they would arrange repayment. I am now waiting for final bill to arrive from Administrators so I can claim the cash back. Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure