HR meeting but feeling unwell

2»

Comments

• I just looked at your other thread again . Slinky pointed something out which I had forgotten , that seems to make a lot of sense imho

As you haven't done 2 years or so, I would hand in my notice tomorrow . As you are there not long enough to get the full protection that permanent staff get after a certain time , then you should treat it like they are going to get rid of you anyway at short notice .
    You're health is suffering , and seems to be accelerating putting you in a sorry state. No job is worth that .
    Imagine the weight off of your shoulders once tomorrow is over , if you did that .

I may be wrong, but I hope you make the right choice whatever you decide .

• As you haven't done 2 years or so, I would hand in my notice tomorrow . As you are there not long enough to get the full protection that permanent staff get after a certain time , then you should treat it like they are going to get rid of you anyway at short notice .

Why make themselves intentionally unemployed and lose benefits? They are going to be let go anyway. How difficult can it be to go to a short meeting and be told something you already expect? Just get it over and done with.
  • polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Then be upfront and say I can't do this role, I don't think I will ever be able to do the role, its affecting my health. They will then get to a probationary review and let them go - leave, get another job more suited, or get benefits and get better.

Honesty is generally the best policy in these situations. Make it easier for them to go through the motions - win/win.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    It does sound a bit like you are dodging the meeting.

Grit your teeth, go in and get it over with. You don't sound at all unwell enough to genuinely need to miss it, and delaying the inevitable never helps anything.
  • Alz1986
    Alz1986 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Speak to your manager about what you've done well and what could have been better, then consider resigning. Agree a reference for new employment. Unless you really want to hang on to this job!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure