DONT USE EQUIFAX us Experian instead

Used Equifax to check my credit score, because they had a one month trial subscription. Despite cancelling in time online, they began deducting money from my account 3 months later! I have been informed that unless I got an email confirming it had been cancelled my account is still active. It seems there are hundreds online who have complained of the same thing. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Use all three CRAs to check your files and use them via the free methods.

And never check your score, whether you're paying for it or not.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Don't use Equifax or Experian via paid plans, trial or otherwise - get a statutory report they are free now ... no score for you to ignore as well so double bonus
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Citizen333 wrote: »
    Used Equifax to check my credit score, because they had a one month trial subscription. Despite cancelling in time online, they began deducting money from my account 3 months later! I have been informed that unless I got an email confirming it had been cancelled my account is still active. It seems there are hundreds online who have complained of the same thing. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Dont you worry I access my Equifax report via Clearscore and Experian via mse club. Not sure where you have been to have missed the adverts for clearscore.
  • Do use Equifax because it's important you keep tabs on what data they hold on you.

Don't go paying for it. Go via Clearscore and/or Capital One's offerings.

Never use one 'instead' of the other. Use all 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure