Virgin Media removed the default, hoorah!

This isn't a question, just a post to share my OH & I's happy news, and hopefully it will be of some use to anyone of you out there who have had this kind of [EMAIL="!!!!"]!!!![/EMAIL] from VM!

We had our TV, broadband and L/L with VM from 2009 and we moved to a new property and called their CS dept up to make the switch over to our new address. We gave them all the details, including the new address, and the CS advisor said unfortunately VM couldn't supply the services to our new address (I think because it was a new build). Our only option was to cancel, so we paid up what we owed over the phone and the very helpful (or not as the case turned out to be!) advisor closed everything down and repeated our new address to send out our final/closing statements, etc. We never got them, but didn't think much of it as we rarely received anything in paper form from VM anyway.

Fast forward and we are applying for a mortgage, thinking everything will be fine as we know we had previously a sparkling credit file with no debts and payments always on time. The majority of lenders declined us, except for Halifax who wouldn't lend what we needed :mad: we were so confused, and so signed up to Experian straight away to see what had happened, and there sat a big fat default from no other than VM with an amount owing. We was so angry and upset, we called them up straight away and spoke to a manager who explained it was a cancellation fee for ending our contract early. We explained that we only ended it because they couldn't supply us their services and so we hardly deserved to be penalised for something that was their fault! He was kind enough to remove the amount straight away but said there was nothing that could be done about the default :( we were furious! We emailed their complaints dept straight away who were also quite helpful and they agreed that the default should never have been placed on the account, and that nothing had even been done to try and contact us for this cancellation fee, and if it had then we could have cleared the matter up straight away.

The credit amendments team are pretty rubbish. We dealt with an advisor called 'L Wilcox' who at first was fab, she told us that as a ''good will gesture'' they would contact Experian and have the default removed and it should be done within 14days. 2 months later, and still nothing! I emailed her again saying there was absolutely no change and sent her a copy (sent her one originally too) of the updated report to show her. She replied a fortnight later, being very snotty, saying that she'll contact Experian but I was to understand that all they were doing was setting the defaulted account amount to zero, not removing the default itself. Rage!! I think I actually saw red :rotfl: can't remember half of the email I replied to her but I c&p'd the relevant points from her first email saying the default would be removed, and how the amount was already at zero so that didn't need correcting! I also pulled her up that she obviously had not paid any attention to the reports I'd previously sent otherwise she would've known that already! I sent that email to her on Thursday of last week, so 6 days ago, and this morning my OH checked credit expert first thing like he always does and we were overjoyed to see the default had totally gone!! Yay :T no reply or anything from L Wilcox though... helpful moose!

It's taken us a while and lots of back and forth, and even tears from me, but it has been worth it. So if any others out there were stiffed like we were, don't back down and fight for your cause! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure