PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The trouble with these tablets is they don't speak English they speak American.

If you can change the English to British English you may solve the problem.

mar, your consultants letter has probably been in the post for at least a week.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    NM, I've been on steroids for 18 months, I don't know why that heifer is doing this now or what she thinks it will prove. Anyway I'm not having it.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I turned the heating up, had a tin of Moroccan soup and went to bed and slept the day through. We're having an Indian takeaway. A right useless pampered princess but I'll get my head out of my bottom and get on with things tomorrow. Bigjenny I checked, tomorrow is definitely lung day ;)

Mar here here for common sense. I suppose Heifer was responding to your call about the BP but her timing has not just touched a nerve, it's rub salt in a wound!

Madammim your friend is going through something unimaginable and puts everything into perspective and then some. I wish for a recovery that is paced and manageable.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't blame you mar but thought if it had been in the post for a week she would not know you had been in Hospital. It is obvious there is no residual hormones in your adrenal glands they have packed in all together.

You have the right to say no.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fudsy I've done the same thing too often to admit to.
    I thi nk the most memorable was when I was having a comfy evening at home, had an early shower, hair in curlers, feet up watching TV in a chaotic sitting room. Ring on the doorbell and there were two people that my ex really wanted to impress. They were dressed to the nines and smiling expectantly.

I'd completely got the date wrong and was certainly not ready for guests who were in line for a posh dinner. I took my curlers out, threw toys under cushions and sent ex out for fish and chips. We had a hilarious evening, much nicer than a formal dinner. They became great friends.
    I don't think ex ever forgave me.

But doctors, dentists, hairdressers, wrong day, wrong week, wrong month, you name it .I've done it.

I'm typing this round the notice that says "Please connect your charger."
    Charger has been connected for about 4 hours.
    Tablet says that it is charging.
    It tells lies.

Signing off while the goings good.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    Options
    Fuds,I've been advised she should be leaving the steroids alone and they should be treating the BP separately. Anyhow- sorry to drone on about me, I stopped now lol and am watching "Shetland". Love the scenery and the feel of the place.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mar - watched all the previous series of Shetland -missed that a new series was starting and only found out at 9.30 :( very relieved to find I did a series link and the magic box has recorded it.
    Do hope you feel better soon - keep taking the tablets!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • mardatha
    Options
    Will do! :D I would love to see Shetland some day, always been fascinated by the islands. Everybody else went to Ibiza and I wanted to go to Shetland lol they all thought I was mad. I love the open, clean country and the no trees.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    EIf your body isn't producing the roids then your body needs the roids. As horrible and, let's not forget, life threatening, your antics were last week at least it gave the quick answer that you need 'em and without 'em you do the whole sliding on the floor thing. I expect you spoke to some people in the know in the hospital and gave you a bit of power in your elbow to guide the others into the thinking that they can be two separate issues. Seems funny to have a GP going 'it works out average, not a problem' and a consultant that wants to take you of your roids. Where's the happy medium (ha, see what I did there? :D) in going forward with treatment.

Ah you fascinate me mar.

Shetland is recording for tomorrow. Series 1 was grand so looking forward to relaxing with my knitting tomorrow night. Psst we're going to the Outer Hebrides for our summer hols and i have never been as excited as I am about any hol.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mar - one day I'll get to Scotland. My grandmother came from Glasgow and left as a teenager. There are so many places on my list!! Shetland and the islands etc etc etc!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback