PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 4:10PM
    Oh Fuddle, I stopped my housework early to log in and check how you were!
    Darn it. Drat the smoker, the neighbour, and the calendar.
    I have always thought it is confusing having the same dates on the same days of the week in Feb and March, there's nothing to alert us as happens when the day and date don't coincide.
    Perhaps we could start a petition to always have 29 days in Feb, with the extra day as a bank holiday, of course!

Hope you are sitting having a nice cup of tea with you feet up for a few mjnutes.

Right, I have just seen a special offer for 2 nights in a hotel in April that I think I shall book for DH's birthday. I like birthday presents for other people that I get a share of :rotfl:

Oh JackieO, I shall be doing without carbs for Lent, am back on my diet after putting on 9lbs during the very stressful events of Nov/Dec/Jan. To be honest I was relieved to find it wasn't more. I can lose that in a month and then get going on losing the rest!! No pancakes for me, the diet started again yester :)
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh fuds, what a pain :( I've done the same thing myself - not arriving a month early, but confidently turning up at a clinic for a 2.30 appointment only to be told that I was meant to have been there the previous day.
    Is the thoracic appointment definitely tomorrow, or is that for March as well?

MadamMim Sending best wishes to your friend for a speedy and uneventful recovery from her op x
  • Cocketts
    Cocketts Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Huge hugs being sent your way Fuds and positive thoughts too.. Knowledge is power, so question them about everything and tell them any worries you have too.

My best friend is today having her 5th major surgery because of her advanced vascular disease and heart issues, she's 39 and was always told she was too young for this to be so advanced.. :mad: Currenlty medicated up the rear, she's coping well and very determined to prove all wrong about her diagnosis and use of her legs etc..
    I for one am hoping to be the first in the door with balloons and cake on her 40th at the end of this month..

Sending hugs out to all that may need one.. Perhaps a jelly baby or two as well (if I've not bitten the heads off:rotfl:) it's a gloomy old day here weather wise so off to hide my head in a book..

:eek::eek::eek:
    Everything will be alright in the end - and if it's not alright, it's not the end ........
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    :D Don't worry Lilli, it's a good way to do it if you tend to feel sick or your digestive system can't cope with oral meds. Apparently it's often used in France....
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    fuddle - I suppose this means we have to stand down the Fencers Army? Dammit, was looking forward to a good fight and a knees up afterwards.......shall we all come round your neighbour`s and ram that snow shovel where the sun don`t shine?
    One life - your life - live it!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Never mind fuddle, I have been a day late, an hour late, a week early. The consultant saw me the day I was a week early.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    What a shame Fuddle compounded by bad weather and inconsiderate people too :mad:

DH not feeling well, there has been a tummy bug going round and it’s his turn, I had it in France at the weekend which was not fun :(

I have a 4 day weekend to look forward to, I intend to enjoy every second of it, DH should be back on form by then, we both bounce back quiet quickly when poorly.

Good luck to those giving up things for lent x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • ivyleaf wrote: »
    Oh fuds, what a pain :( I've done the same thing myself - not arriving a month early, but confidently turning up at a clinic for a 2.30 appointment only to be told that I was meant to have been there the previous day.
    Is the thoracic appointment definitely tomorrow, or is that for March as well?

MadamMim Sending best wishes to your friend for a speedy and uneventful recovery from her op x

I've done it not just for myself but also with my mothers apts.. I now have pretty colours in my diary to cover the correct human (& apt) in an effort not to repeat the whoops too often!

Thanks for your kind words.. Bestie is out of surgery and on her way to a 10 day stay in HDU before 10/14 days on a ward! Fingers crossed she'll be drip fed/syringe driven meds so that'll be a relief (in more ways than one!) & I'm also hoping the amount of her meds will finally get reduced! Still waiting to hear how the actual surgery went.. Fingers crossed please, If successful she can be put in for her triple heart bypass!:eek:
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    The good thing there Fuds, is that by the time you do get to the consultant you'll be too ratty/tired/past caring to get in a state and everything will go smoothly! And if it's that far away then its nowt urgent xx
    I had a meltdown yesterday and that does not happen often :rotfl:
    Right after nearly bloody dying from lack of cortisol, I got a letter from my heifer of a consultant saying she wanted to try to cut my dose right to the bone to wean me off my steroids "to see if my adrenals have any reserve". I hit the roof then bounced off all the walls then phoned my gp in an utter state. Considering that I got home on Fri teatime and still cannot even walk further than the bedroom, I'm not in any fit state to be experimented on.
    GP was brilliant, said to disregard her letter, to carry on with my normal dose, to take a month to get better, and then if I wanted to, to reduce my dose by a tiny margin once a month. And if at any time I felt ill then to stop and forget reducing any further. I could have cuddled the man - and I don't even like him :D
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Well I've just fed DH a mountain of pancakes - he said he feels like the cat who got the cream lol. Penny has just dropped that it's Lent doh! Hmmm can I give up my two ginger biddies with my cuppa in the morning?? It's the only two biscuits I eat - honest M'lud. Maybe I can find something other than food - Mar can have my Jelly Babies - there! Done!!!

Biccies you silly tablet!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback