Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• molerat wrote: »
    Anyone had a bill this month as it is 11th ? Do you actually get a "bill" as opposed to the short bill in the transactions section ?

Had the message come in overnight that the monthly bill was available. Checked the account this morning, and it is there all correct with the electric readings provided at the end of last month and all charges correct, plus a small amount of interest added to the small credit balance.

Same for the older relative we help and our bills from Zog for gas.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well, I can report that today I finally received an electricity bill from Iresa. It only covers the last month, but it's taken seven and a half months to get this far. Now, my next project is to get them to reduce my DD, since I've built a credit balance of just under £250 across the two accounts...watch this space.
    I would not expect any action to result from reporting a breach to Ofgem, only an acknowledgement, but it can do no harm.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Bill this morning. Broken down into use for each meter reading from January, the ones they bothered to use that is. All correct and up to date. Now just waiting for their response to the ombudsman findings.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    miniemma wrote: »
    Is anyone else still stuck in the same position as I am?

Been with Iresa since February and entered meter readings every month as requested.

Not a single elec reading has been validated! Despite going through the ombudsman (starting in May!!!) who eventually gave Iresa until 30 Aug to sort this out. I rang the ombudsman on 30 Aug who then rang Iresa who basically told them they are 'working on it'! and they were given another 14 days!

What is the point of the ombudsman?
    Had the same issues, joined them 30th January. Raised it as a formal complaint on line 2nd June, waited 8 weeks - them giving the "working on it" excuse - then raised formal ombudsman complaint 31st July. Last week ombudsman found in my favour, written apology and £75 awarded. Readings and debits did start appearing at the start of this month and my first proper bill has now been issued.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Picked up my August bill, final totals are correct, and while there's still no breakdown to the exact CV, the 'multiplier' printed on the bill is correct for the period, so it looks like its no longer just a placeholder figure.

503 errors ahoy on the website. They really need to either stagger their issuing of bills or ask their hosting provider for additional capacity on bill days.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • I'm still in the cooling off period at the moment, but so far I have been impressed. When I phoned them prior to starting my switch I was able to get all the answers I needed clearly and concisely, and was given a clear timescale for the switching process. They take the first direct debit payment a few days before the start of supply, but it's made clear when you sign up, and I'm fine with that.

When I signed up I received a series of extremely prompt emails confirming various details, and I was able to create my online account straight away. When I decided I would prefer my direct debit paid from a different account it was easy to change it online and again I received emails confirming the cancellation of one direct debit and the set up of the new one, very quickly, each giving clear details of the direct debit they referred to.

I found the website clear and easy to navigate, and although when I entered my bank details it said my account number was not correct, (it was), it allowed me to enter the IBAN number instead, and then confirmed the correct account details.

Obviously it's too early to give feedback on billing, but I wanted to share my experience so far, as for this aspect of the switch at least, I have found them to be very efficient and thorough. This isn't to contradict other people's negative experiences, but hopefully they have now fixed, or are fixing, their original issues, even if they have been slow at putting them right for those who have been affected.

Personally, I have had so many screw-ups with energy companies in the past, both on my own behalf and for my mother, with different departments not knowing what the others were doing, outdated systems that didn't communicate properly, human error, system error, long wait times for simple changes and corrections, etc, that I am reassured by the promptness and efficiency of the contacts I have had so far. Whether that continues, it remains to be seen, but as the tariff has no exit fee I can switch to another provider if I really need to.

I hope nobody minds that I have commented before my switch has completed, but I will give more feedback once my supply is fully switched, and again after three months. Fingers crossed!
    A penny saved is a penny gained
  • I'm still in the cooling off period at the moment, but so far I have been impressed. When I phoned them prior to starting my switch I was able to get all the answers I needed clearly and concisely, and was given a clear timescale for the switching process. They take the first direct debit payment a few days before the start of supply, but it's made clear when you sign up, and I'm fine with that.

When I signed up I received a series of extremely prompt emails confirming various details, and I was able to create my online account straight away. When I decided I would prefer my direct debit paid from a different account it was easy to change it online and again I received emails confirming the cancellation of one direct debit and the set up of the new one, very quickly, each giving clear details of the direct debit they referred to.

I found the website clear and easy to navigate, and although when I entered my bank details it said my account number was not correct, (it was), it allowed me to enter the IBAN number instead, and then confirmed the correct account details.

Obviously it's too early to give feedback on billing, but I wanted to share my experience so far, as for this aspect of the switch at least, I have found them to be very efficient and thorough. This isn't to contradict other people's negative experiences, but hopefully they have now fixed, or are fixing, their original issues, even if they have been slow at putting them right for those who have been affected.

Personally, I have had so many screw-ups with energy companies in the past, both on my own behalf and for my mother, with different departments not knowing what the others were doing, outdated systems that didn't communicate properly, human error, system error, long wait times for simple changes and corrections, etc, that I am reassured by the promptness and efficiency of the contacts I have had so far. Whether that continues, it remains to be seen, but as the tariff has no exit fee I can switch to another provider if I really need to.

I hope nobody minds that I have commented before my switch has completed, but I will give more feedback once my supply is fully switched, and again after three months. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for your contribution to the feedback on Iresa. Good to see that it appears to be going well for a new customer. Even though we signed up last year for electricity, we had the same experience and have continued to do so. In fact it was going OK, so we helped a relative to switch to Iresa; and again efficient sign up and ongoing service.

When our 1st year contract comes to end, currently planning to stay with Iresa for electric, if their prices are still competitive. In the past have been with Big 6 suppliers that have caused issues, so we are content with the quality of service provided by Iresa.

When looking at reviews and feedback, we also tend to note that it is the people with issues that tend to be the most vocal and that not that many bother to say when things have gone well. We hope that it all goes well for you.
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 5:03PM
    When looking at reviews and feedback, we also tend to note that it is the people with issues that tend to be the most vocal and that not that many bother to say when things have gone well. We hope that it all goes well for you.

Thanks. To be honest, I only posted because my experience so far was strongly at odds with the feedback summary on the Cheap Energy Club. If it had been just average, or if the feedback hadn't highlighted issues, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

It's true that feedback is given most often for very good or very bad experiences, with a bias towards the bad, and not much information is available for those which were adequate or just OK. I think the Energy Club could help members to make more informed choices by sending out a feedback survey to switchers a week after their switch date, and three to six months later, and then perhaps again at the end of their fix, if they had one.

I would like to see suppliers scored on different areas of performance, as some things are more important to some people than others. For instance, I don't mind waiting in a phone queue for a little while as long as the service is excellent when I do get to speak to someone, and provided I don't have to do it too often. I do mind if I am given different information every time I call, agents are not properly trained on their product, inter-department communication is poor and their systems seem woolly and prone to error.

I will email the Energy Club and suggest this.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    edited 14 September 2017 at 2:48PM

It's true that feedback is given most often for very good or very bad experiences, with a bias towards the bad, and not much information is available for those which were adequate or just OK. I think the Energy Club could help members to make more informed choices by sending out a feedback survey to switchers a week after their switch date, and three to six months later, and then perhaps again at the end of their fix, if they had one.

I would like to see suppliers scored on different areas of performance, as some things are more important to some people than others. For instance, I don't mind waiting in a phone queue for a little while as long as the service is excellent when I do get to speak to someone, and provided I don't have to do it too often. I do mind if I am given different information every time I call, agents are not properly trained on their product, inter-department communication is poor and their systems seem woolly and prone to error.

I will email the Energy Club them and suggest this.

Your suggestion has merit but it is too early in the supply transfer process. Suppliers have 5 weeks to takeover your supply. They then need time to get your meter readings validated to open and close your accounts. In truth, you only really know how a supply transfer has been handled when your online account has been set up - with a validated meter reading - and you have got a Final Bill from your previous supplier. Under Ofgem regulations, the losing supplier has 6 weeks to raise that bill from the date of transfer but it relies on the gaining supplier to inform this process.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Your suggestion has merit but it is too early in the supply transfer process. Suppliers have 5 weeks to takeover your supply. They then need time to get your meter readings validated to open and close your accounts. In truth, you only really know how a supply transfer has been handled when your online account has been set up - with a validated meter reading - and you have got a Final Bill from your previous supplier. Under Ofgem regulations, the losing supplier has 6 weeks to raise that bill from the date of transfer but it relies on the gaining supplier to inform this process.

You're right, of course, though I'm not sure how good my memory would be of the whole process by that time, (3-5 weeks from switch to start of supply, then another six weeks after that). Perhaps switchers who want to contribute could opt in to a series of emailed polls at intervals about the various stages of the switching process. People would be more likely to respond if they had given their prior agreement, and those who didn't want to wouldn't be bothered with unwanted survey requests. There would also need to be provision for those whose switches are carried out directly with the supplier and not tracked by the Club - the smaller, lesser-known suppliers are the ones the most people will have questions about - but I'm sure they could find a way to do that.

I will submit these as suggestions too. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport