Seo

I have set up a website, I never expected to get 1000s of views per day but i expected to get more than what i am already getting. Is there anyone out there skilled in SEO and websites in general that could help me out a little.

Cheers

Comments

• Websites like Fiverr have many people offering their services for SEO. Pick someone with a decent feedback score (ideally in the dozens if not the low hundreds with 100% rating) and you should find the help you are looking for.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The question is how will people find your website?

Whats different or unique about it that would make someone want to visit your site rather than i assume many many others?

Do you advertise your website? Do you belong to groups that maybe interested in your site? And dont just sign upto a site and start advertising, one sure way to get banned and may actually drive traffic away.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 September 2017 at 9:26AM
    Keys to SEO :

Good quality content.
    Only one H1 tag before the content
    All images properly "alt tagged"
    Correct title tags and meta description
    Good load time (use googles tools)
    device responsive - this is a biggie since google started using mobile first ranking metrics

Install google analytics and tag manager so you can see what traffic is coming to the site and what they are doing while they are there)

The link profile is arguably 70% of the battle on google for driving higher positions, position stability and also driving higher traffic.
    You need some good quality referring domains (backlinks) - this authority is essential for maintaining and building search rankings and driving higher traffic.

Contact some websites of related content and see if they will put a link to your site on their site - in exchange for you doing the same. Again, you will need good quality content for them to agree to this as there has to be something in it for them ..

Put a blog on your site and update it regularly with good quality content. google likes the dynamics of this.

SEO is a full time job in its'self - but there is enough info there to get you started.

Good luck
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Also anybody who says "I can get you on the front page of Google" or, worse, "first result in Google" for any site is lying. Plain and simple. Even Google admit this.
  • UncleZen
    UncleZen Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good advice from AndyPix.

All the sites I've built appear in page 1 of Google search results sometimes the first item depending on what search criteria is used all down to SEO
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Also anybody who says "I can get you on the front page of Google" or, worse, "first result in Google" for any site is lying. Plain and simple. Even Google admit this.

Time warp back to the 90's where even my AOL homepage managed to be in the top 3 results on page 1, depending on the actual wording in the search it may have been number 1.

The internets gotten a bit bigger since then though.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• CBaker
    CBaker Posts: 38 Forumite
    AndyPix has set out the basics. Its all about content and backlinks. You can do it yourself if you have time. Plenty of online help available and I would suggest reading the Ahref and Moz blogs. The Ahref tools are also must have for SEO (you get a free 2 week trial).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure