PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    C_J wrote: »
    A pack of lamb mince is quietly defrosting for me to make some spicy lamb burgers for tonight's supper. I'm planning to serve this with a large mixed salad incl hm coleslaw, and I expect I'll do a few chips :)

I don't have anything planned for pudding, but there are Aldi cornettos in the freezer if Mister CJ wants one.
    We had that last night, very tasty.
    But Lordy! The kitchen don't half stink this morning. :)

Tonight I'm doing beef stroganoff in the slow cooker with plain rice.
    I have the remainder of the creme fraiche that I used in the goulash to add just before serving.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 February 2018 at 10:50AM
    Off for my last cooking lesson with chef today - Seafood is the theme, Hubby is coming too, so we are treating it as our Valentine s Day, as lunch is included.

Doubt if we will need dinner tonight, but have cheese and oatcakes if we need supper x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Off for my last cooking lesson with chef today - Seafood is the theme, Hubby is coming too, so we are treating it as our Valentine!!!8217;s Day, as lunch is included.

Doubt if we will need dinner tonight, but have cheese and oatcakes if we need supper x
    I didn't realise it was a set of lessons, IM.

Have a fab day. :)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 February 2018 at 10:50AM
    Polly it was 2 lessons, I think DH booked the second because he wanted to go too - not going to moan though - will fill in the details later.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes please! Can't wait to hear all about it. What a lovely present to receive :)
  • Lunch was a smoked bacon roll and tonight we're having hm cawl from the freezer, with bread and cheese, followed by lemon sponge pudding and custard.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Easy-ish dins tonight; HM nut loaf (from the freezer - I need to empty a drawer for when the two little Cavapoos who are on the BARF diet, which requires quite a bit of freezer space, come to stay for their holiday) plus HM sweet'n'sour sauce, with added fresh pineapple chunks, and rice.

We have Blokey coming in to fix the leaky kitchen tap this afternoon - not sure what time, just "between 15:00 and 17:00" so if it's nearer 17:00 I shan't want to be faffing about with a complicated meal after he's gone.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Off for my last cooking lesson with chef today - Seafood is the theme, Hubby is coming too, so we are treating it as our Valentine s Day, as lunch is included.

Enjoy your meal!

Today's dinner will be pork chop, mash & green veg with HM onion gravy.

Denise
  • We are having homemade carrot soup from the freezer with some garlic flatbread. I'm having a freezer sort-out just now and eating up all the odds and end.
  • I have no idea what we're having this evening, we had a hotel breakfast this morning and a sandwich and cake lunch at a garden centre on the way back home, I'm not sure I've got room for anything else!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback