Taking Control and Making It Happen

Comments

• Hey Miss Lemon, I'm lurking on the forum just working out my money on a spreadsheet & reading this page for inspiration, I wanna be a MFW! Your post has caught my eye as I want to move to Wales too :j To have a better quality of life i.e less bills & more free time. I am going to start a diary on here but a bit confused with the technology, how to I subscribe to follow you? Or how I start my own post. Eeekkk! #technophobe
    Good luck on your journey! :D cant wait to see how you progress. See you in Wales!! :rotfl:
  • MissLemon
    MissLemon Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi LoopyLou :hello: we're hoping for a better quality of life too, and living in beautiful surroundings!

To subscribe to a thread have a look at the top of the thread and you should see a button that says 'subscribe to thread' near the search box! To start a thread go to the MFW forum and at the top there is a button that says 'new thread'! I'll look out for your post!
    Original MF Date January 2035. MF Date February 2022
  • VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi MissLemon. Looking forward to following your thread. There's nothing worse than being in limbo, hopefully things work out in your favour soon :)
  • MissLemon
    End of the month means pay day and a mini update!

I'm going to make my OPs and do a proper update this weekend (and work out exactly how much daily interest we're paying- not looking forward to seeing that figure!).

But one thing that happened today is that a long running pay dispute at work has finally been settled (thank you Union reps!) and we are getting a lump sum as a settlement in next months pay. My dilemma now is do I put it directly in my pension and save on tax and national insurance or do I take it in my pay and make an OP with it? It's likely to be over £1k after tax.

Right now I'm leaning towards OP as I don't really know what difference it will make to my pension overall.
  • MissLemon
    A little late by my June update is here.

The mortgage is now £95,903.90.

Total OP for June = £188.39 which is our standard OP. Nothing extra added last month as I only just started my MFW journey ;)

Daily interest is £4.60 :eek:
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That's £188.39 that will never have any interest charged to it ever again!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • MissLemon
    First OP for July made today! £300 transfered.

This is going to be my regular payment but I'm hoping to add more to that amount through better budgeting! I've set myself on YNAB and really like the way it is making me think about things.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    MissLemon wrote: »
    A little late by my June update is here.

The mortgage is now £95,903.90.

Total OP for June = £188.39 which is our standard OP. Nothing extra added last month as I only just started my MFW journey ;)

Daily interest is £4.60 :eek:

:hello: Just popping in, to say - your doing great :T

I have a bit of ocd when it comes to tidying mortgage figures - like to see 00.00 at the end ;)
    The mortgage is now £95,903.90 - a £3.90 o/p would tidy that up nicely :o
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • MissLemon
    Thank you!

I might have to become a little like that! I hadn't really thought about doing a little extra, I'm sure I could find £3.90 to get it to a 0 figure and it all helps!
  • MissLemon
    A Frayed Knot - I made the £3.90 OP today to make my total a nice even 00 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport