Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Just a quickie - goodbye Halifax card, balance now zero :)

WoooooooHooooooooooooooooo :)

amazing stuff XXXX

and Love the coffee/perfume purchase plan:) You are so good with money!

I am hoping by the time you read this you will have good news re carer and neighbours XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Carer still ill :( neighbours ok :)

Mr SA has survived on his own for 4 days now, although DD was off work 2 of those days. He's bored, not been out of the house and there is no way I will be able to get out of coffee in town this weekend.

Went out for champagne afternoon tea yesterday with friends, one of them was retiring. Lovely afternoon.

Money-wise yesterday I spent £74.26 Mr T delivery, £25 on the afternoon tea (but we all chipped in to pay for retiring friend), 45p in Mr S (bottle of water) and £5 in Debenhams ( used £15 of my vouchers towards a pair of trousers for work reduced to £20). Total £104.71. Today's spend £20.92 in Mr S. After payday next major project is getting grocery spend down.

And Buffy I am so not good with money otherwise I would never have got into debt BUT I plan to be good with money from now on.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon tea with bubbles - bliss

Hope last day in work goes quickly ........
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Good evening all. Today have been for coffee with Mr SA and he managed to cadge a leather (not real) jacket from TK Maxx £59.99 but decided to treat him out of Scottish Power rebate. I haven't told him we got this rebate as he'd just want to spend it all. We went for lunch afterwards in our local pub and then DS came round with GD. So a nice day on the whole. Tomorrow though will be spent catching up on housework and generally pottering about. Weighed myself this morning and have stayed the same, which is disappointing.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Totalled up last week's spend this morning and it was £286.50, £131.09 of this was groceries which is way over budget. Not all food, other household things too. My budget is £100 at the very most. Spend on "other" was £155.41 but £59.99 of this was Mr SA's coat and then we ate out yesterday and there was the champagne afternoon tea, so understandable.

Mr SA has gone back to bed as he's feeling off today. I've got to catch up with all the housework I didn't do yesterday, menu plan, walk the dog, cook, etc. Back to work for a rest tomorrow!

Planned for next week is another lunch out with people I used to work with now retired, lucky things. Will only be a cheapie at Wetherspoons. Finally payday on Friday, will have pay rise but I'm going to slide the extra into my VSP and pretend it isn't there.

Better get on with the cleaning.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Forgot to mention I got Mr SA some Metatone tonic and some tablets that claim to restore good got bacteria. Anything is worth a try. He's been on antibiotics for nearly 2 years now and I know they destroy good bacteria. I don't know why he's still having to take them. My exzema is back on my face :( Woke up itchy and red this morning. Sigh!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hard as it is try to take care of you too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I had metatone when anaemic after losing the twins. Tastes yuck but it perked me up! Sorry to hear the eczema has flared back up again. As beanie says, take care of you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Hopefuljoy
    Options
    Hi there Lucky. My mum is in her seventies and when she had large doses of antibiotics for TB in her youth they also gave large quantities of natural yoghurt which they insisted she eat to protect her gut and improve the performance of the drugs. . Her doctor recently confirmed that everyone should take probiotics when taking anti biotics. She has a supply of Acidophilus Plus. It is expensive but there are 120 capsules in a bottle. You take one two to four times daily.

My mum is really switched on to all this! Also anti biotics make you more sensitive to the sun so it's factor fifty all round!!

Metatone tonic is what my mum gave me to build me up after illnesses as well. We seem to have lost a lot of medical wisdom over the years. My mum also insists on scarves and hats at all times in winter! She's a sensible lady.

Have a restful night. X
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Agree with Hopefuljoy about the yogurts and everything else

I have a bottle of metatone on the go and I must be weird, I love the taste :rotfl::rotfl:
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure