How small is too small to raise a baby? (For future reference)

Options
1235»

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Silverbird wrote: »
    I'm quite shocked at the tone of some of the posts on this thread. Some comments are really quite spiteful.

Although some posters will have taken this thread and responded at face value, others will be aware of the many conflicting and confusing threads that this poster has started.
  • julie777
    julie777 Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Although some posters will have taken this thread and responded at face value, others will be aware of the many conflicting and confusing threads that this poster has started.

The forums are for discussing anything money related imho.
    But as the older generation likes to say
    "if you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all"
    I agree some people do like to snipe.
    Better not to upset others by calling them chlldish or worse.
  • Pdbaggett
    Pdbaggett Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to be a party pooper

Marriage and an adequate house. Savings and a career all should be priorities before having a child.

Most of my friends who rushed into it certainly do not regret their children but often say they wish they had waited to be young a big longer, start a better career, have a bigger house or actually own a house.

It's pretty obvious really but then most people don't like waiting for things .
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    julie777 wrote: »
    The forums are for discussing anything money related imho.
    But as the older generation likes to say
    "if you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all"
    I agree some people do like to snipe.
    Better not to upset others by calling them chlldish or worse.

I agree with the principle.

However some posters take advantage of others good nature. Posters often give genuine advice when all that seems intended by the thread is to create their own little soap opera.

I'd call that childish/immature when the purpose of the board is mse advice.
  • Elinore
    Elinore Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    My best friend lives in a bed sit with her baby daughter. Its not ideal but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Like others have mentioned she is scrupulously clean, very organised and everything has its place.

Her (owned) bedsit looks like one of those new york micro apartments - very stylish. Everything has two or more uses, no space is wasted and everything folds up or away. She has a little balcony that is a tiny garden of Eden. The flat is a little tardis.

Whilst she would like to upgrade (and could afford it) staying put allows her, on a single income, to provide well for her child. As she living well below her means she can save for their future and give them both a great deal of security. Then if they need to move when shes a bit older she will have a deposit saved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure